Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened, and it's not a big spot, but it's annoying me to death and it won't go away. Got some wax on the grill. Anyone have this happen and have success with getting it off??? My OCD is going insane help! :lol:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Use some Dawn dish soap and it will come off.................

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup go with the Dawn and a tooth brush. If you use Adams products you will never have an issue with "transfer". Transfer is when one product will affect another. God I have been sounding like an adams salesmen lately!!!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Use some Dawn dish soap and it will come off.................
Heather as Orange5thgen said above Dawn dish washing soap or any type of dish washing soap will do the trick just dont get it on your paint or you will remove your wax.

Take some dish washing soap soak a Rag or sponge in it then apply it to the area and get a tooth brush and lightly scrub it. You may even dip the tooth brush in the soap and scrub that way.

I have had this problem before when using a orbital buffer and hitting the door handle it leaves a white film in the cranks and crevices of the handle just do what I said above and it will work.

otherwise quit whining its annoying :lol: :p

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I did the dishwashing detergent on a toothbrush trick this weekend. Worked like a charm! A little Meguiar's protectant on the plastic after a quick rinse and it's good as new!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
If I was careful it wouldn't have happened either. Not being a shareholder in their product, I used Meguiar's. I like it. It works. It lasts. End of story. A happy ending.

...I always did like a "happy ending" ! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know I can be an Adams guy. I have showed cars and tossed away so many products and made most of these mistakes. I suggest you test them all and take the best from each. I have rested with Adams. Also check out the Adams videos on YouTube for training.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I got some Back to Black from Mothers and used it on my grill and fin and it worked at removing the white powder. Have not had the problem since.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts