Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I waxed Nasty I accidentally got some wax on the front drivers side black stripe. I guess the wax wasn't compatible with the vinyl and has left a "white'ish" residue that just won't come off. I could blame this on the wife but I was the culprit. Anyone have any ideas? So far I've used some vinyl compatible cleaners but they haven't done the trick. Will I just have to live with this? By the way, extremely fast traveling wind over the hood hasn't helped ...
:5thgensteer:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Use the original "blue" Dawn dish-washing liquid. It'll come right off. Rubbing alcohol tends to dry out vinyl, so I don't recommend it.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Use the original "blue" Dawn dish-washing liquid. It'll come right off. Rubbing alcohol tends to dry out vinyl, so I don't recommend it.
Could not agree more!:thumbsup:

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Try Turtle Wax ICE liquid polish.

Works like tire dressing on matte stripes. Gets rid of wax residue and leaves a nice dark black satin finish on the stripes.

Just wipe on, wipe off.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try Turtle Wax ICE liquid polish.

Works like tire dressing on matte stripes. Gets rid of wax residue and leaves a nice dark black satin finish on the stripes.

Just wipe on, wipe off.
Couldn't agree more intimidat3r, bottle says you can use it on black trim and you definitely can, puts a nice finish on too.:thumbsup:

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Don't know, but I've been using it since my Monte Carlo days and never had any concerns and love the way it keeps my stripes nice and satiny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts