Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... but it's not a Camaro club. we already have a local Camaro/Firebird club that we belong to.

what this city didn't have... and it's hard as hell to believe... is a hearse club. can you believe New Orleans... of all places... did not have a hearse club??

so... we started our own. we are currently recruiting founding members. so if you know someone in the gulf coast area with a hearse (TX, MS, AL, and FL count too) then send 'em our way. www.nolahearse.com

you can also check it out and lemme know whatcha think... gimme pointers... whatever... i'm new to working with website creators, so the site is kinda blah for now (i'm used to using HTML code and doing what i want... this website creator stuff kinda sucks, but i thought i'd give it a shot). :D

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds cool :thumbsup: The only one with a hearse that I know is Porter Loring though...

http://porterloring.com/
:lol: thanks. we actually met up with a guy when we were at ScreamFest in Orlando last month who was a mortician and brought his hearse out for the hearse show they had there. you don't usually see too many people who are in the biz that end up joining clubs or going to shows. but it's cool when you do get to meet up with 'em :D

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, that's weird. i have a scroll bar when i view it in IE. what web browser are you using? i'll have to check into that. thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Some advice...take it with a grain of salt if you like. Just suggesting...

Obviously it's your club, so you can let in anyone you like. BUT...it sounds rather closed up to me. Reason I say this there may be people that are FANS of such automobiles, but yet don't own one because of whatever reason.

The wording on the homepage makes one think that you cannot belong to the club without first being a car owner. While that's all cool and if that's what you want, then great. Your club, your rules. But if you're looking to get more participation, or want to really expand the interest in these cars and maybe grow the club, you'll be further ahead to allow in anyone with a basic interest in the club. There are many benefits to doing this, but I do understand there's always some drawbacks too. I personally think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks though. Look at this site. When it started, NOBODY owned a 5th gen Camaro. But people came, hung out, shared info, and I think the site forums are great source of information, even from folks that just share an interest in the car.

Just sayin'...obviously something to consider.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IE?! ewwww lol Firefox ;)
:lol: hardy-har-har. we don't have firefox here at work... and you're not allowed to download anything to these stupid computers without admin status... so we can only use IE. i'll have to check and see what's going on with the fox tho. thanks again for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some advice...take it with a grain of salt if you like. Just suggesting...

Obviously it's your club, so you can let in anyone you like. BUT...it sounds rather closed up to me. Reason I say this there may be people that are FANS of such automobiles, but yet don't own one because of whatever reason.

The wording on the homepage makes one think that you cannot belong to the club without first being a car owner. While that's all cool and if that's what you want, then great. Your club, your rules. But if you're looking to get more participation, or want to really expand the interest in these cars and maybe grow the club, you'll be further ahead to allow in anyone with a basic interest in the club. There are many benefits to doing this, but I do understand there's always some drawbacks too. I personally think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks though. Look at this site. When it started, NOBODY owned a 5th gen Camaro. But people came, hung out, shared info, and I think the site forums are great source of information, even from folks that just share an interest in the car.

Just sayin'...obviously something to consider.
thanks for the advice. i'll have to work something out.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Actually I'm waiting for our section to come up on the national hearse board. Currently the main goal is to bring all current Hearse owners in our area together or at least give them a place to contact each other. We've found a few and I know there are more Hearses around I just need time to hunt them down. I've been on a crazy overtime stretch now for 3 weeks.

·
2,416 Posts
The only thing you need to be careful with is the 4-6-8 caddy. There is a trick to modify the solenoid that controls the mode to 8. Most guys use a switch to allow it to engage to 4cyl mode while on hwy.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
The only thing you need to be careful with is the 4-6-8 caddy. There is a trick to modify the solenoid that controls the mode to 8. Most guys use a switch to allow it to engage to 4cyl mode while on hwy.
Honestly how easy/hard is it to drive? Nobody I know has one (2 right?) besides you. I hate driving little cars, but a hearse might be too long you know?

Sorry For Hijack.

·
2,416 Posts
Typically there only stretched 2-1/2 feet. The rear view mirror is basically useless, cant see much thru the back. Other than that there not hard at all to drive. The LT1 powered Hearses are fun since that motor has pep.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts