Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been addressed before I apologize. Has anyone had the weatherstripping between the trunk lid and the rear window fall off? Usually I can use a plastic putty knife to push that back in, well at least on cars I have had in the past. This is just dropping right back off. I really dont want to spray tack it if its suppose to be a direct fit. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If this has been addressed before I apologize. Has anyone had the weatherstripping between the the trunk lid and the rear window fall off? Usually I can use a plastic putty knife to push that back in, well at least on cars I have had in the past. This is just dropping right off as soon as I push it back in. I really dont want to spray tack it if its suppose to be a direct fit. Any help would be appreciated.
Have the dealer fix it. No use in messing with something when the dealer should assume all liability for fixing the problem.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Have the dealer fix it. No use in messing with something when the dealer should assume all liability for fixing the problem.
X2.

If it was a one-time occurrence, that would be one thing. Since you've tried to fix it yourself and it still falls off, it's time to use the warranty. No shame in that.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. I knew in the back of my head I would have to make a trip over to the dealer but I just hate doing that if its something I can do myself. I appreciate the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts