Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No lie. I usually hang out with the folks at Al Serra (I love my dealership) and shoot the **** with them. I was there today because I was asking one of the painters to touch up some minor rock chips on my right fender and to paint my engine cover and maybe my bowties. I send them customers from the base and they give me super dirt cheap service prices.

Well anyways my service buddy Derick brought up a random conversation as we were looking at these horrendous rims on the showroom floor. He said why don't you get this SS. I knew the previous owner... It was a cadet at the Academy. Red 2010 SS/RS. 15k miles I think. Then the used sales guy comes up and says... "you have the synergy camaro?" he said that he has a customer who wants one. I simply stated "why doesn't he just buy a 2011 with the synergy color. You guys have one right outside"

For whatever reason... That is beyond me... His customer wants the special edition. I told the guy I'm satisfied with my car to be quite honest. But if he could do a straight trade then I'll see. The guy honestly said let me make some calls....

WTF? honestly Im not sure if I want to get rid of my car... I know... I know... V8 vs V6. Egh.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I'm not surprised at all. At Envy's first car show where she won the 5 foot trophy...I was offered more than double her sticker price. (Doubt if you will...but I promise it was a legitimate offer) I told the guy he could just buy one and build his own cheaper...but he said he wanted mine.

But I think we all know how my story ended. :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Honestly with the story on how I took delivery and everything else there is I dont think I could sell my car. Less than a week she turns 1 :eek:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Honestly with the story on how I took delivery and everything else there is I dont think I could sell my car. Less than a week she turns 1 :eek:
I'm with you Jelyll. Like Jackass, Envy has a long story with many twists of fate...a unique set of circumstances that could never be recreated with another car. 'Til death do us part...lol. :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'd do it....if you'd be happier with what you were getting back--if there's any part of you that wishes you got the SS to begin with. If not, no way.

I'd have no problem selling my car...if the price was right. It can be replaced easy enough, and we keep hearing these weird crazy rumors about some Z/28 thing coming out soon.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm not surprised at all. At Envy's first car show where she won the 5 foot trophy...I was offered more than double her sticker price. (Doubt if you will...but I promise it was a legitimate offer) I told the guy he could just buy one and build his own cheaper...but he said he wanted mine.

I really love and respect that you kept your car, but I would have SOLD that car so fast it would have made your head spin!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

The trophies were based on the winner's height? :confused:

:D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

You could have done it all over again and had money in your pocket too. I don't quite understand your reasoning other than sentimental.

·
Registered
746 Posts
That would be one of the easiest decisions in the world for me...double my sticker...Bye Bye, no problem. Last year I took the woodie to four different shows, love that car! I had a person come up at each show and ask if it was for sale, my reponse to all of them is "it's not for sale, but I'm accepting offers", I have a rule of ALWAYS listening to an offer because anything has its price. At the last show, I truly called my father and asked his opinion because it was a pretty decent offer, I decided to not take it in the long run. But with a vehicle that is a 2010-2011, thats still being produced, that would be a much easier decision for me. The other thing to rememeber is an offer is truly and offer, most people talk before they think and dont have he check books to back it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i think it really depends on how attached u are to your exact car, i wouldn't do it had i been offered that trade....but like envy said a weird twist of fate was involved with acquiring mine.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Love my car but if the price was alot more and it can be rolled into a Z28 well then it might have to happen otherwise I think the Skunk is staying, my son Andy came hom from the hospital it and I had a lot of fun in it lots of great memories

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Offers sometimes can be tempting. We picked up ours and shortly after they were selling on ebay for around 45k. Could have made around 10k on the car and bought another one later, but it would never be car #192. We do have 1 car (Firehawk) in our collection that will never be sold unless some extreme circumstances happen.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts