Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyway, the wedge looks ok. It's a nice clean easy install. It's inconspicuous. The only hiccup is that the fitting was a bit weird with the Vararam CAI. The TB pushed forward puts the rubber sleeve of the CAI right onto the engine most part of the MAF housing. So the clamp looks a bit crazy. But everything fit snug and there are no leaks so I'm ok with it. Otherwise the install went smooth.

The engine started right up and the idle is fine. I did not get to drive it yet. I have all the mods in my sig and I'm in the process of getting my custom tune updated...since it hasn't been updated since I got the cat-back and the CAI. I datalogged and had the tune re-written last week. Since then I put about 120 miles on it. So I figured I'd put the wedge on now and then drive it for about 100 or so miles and then datalog again. I don't know if I will notice anything with all the other mods and the custom tune, but I'm hoping I do...even if it's just throttle response. I will drive it in a bit and update you guys. And I will post pics...

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
A lot of people cut the silicone coupler to make it fit better with the wedge. It can be a PITA to get it on there with the Vararam CAI, you got that right.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pictures. The Power Wedge is thicker at the top than it is at the bottom. This is to straighten out the TB and the airflow I guess. Oh, I'm holding it upside down in the picture. And I threw in a picture of the painted intake cover and my extremely clean engine bay, lol!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
looks good!! did u paint ur engine cover??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chapel, looks good man. You'll have to keep us updated if you notice any difference at all.
I definitely felt a difference. The car pulls harder and faster. I am happy with the purchase and would definitely do it again. It was definitely worth the price!!

looks good!! did u paint ur engine cover??
I didn't paint it. I bought it off someone who already had it painted. I like the look!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I definitely felt a difference. The car pulls harder and faster. I am happy with the purchase and would definitely do it again. It was definitely worth the price!!

I didn't paint it. I bought it off someone who already had it painted. I like the look!!
nice it looks good, i thought u could by them already painted lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice it looks good, i thought u could by them already painted lol
Yea you can buy them from the dealer already painted to match your car. And I think they have different designs. Or you can find companies online with different designs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm still gonna remain a skeptic that a little plastic ring (that cost over $100 mind you) is gonna do much, if anything at all to improve the performance of any car. Glad you like it though.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still gonna remain a skeptic that a little plastic ring (that cost over $100 mind you) is gonna do much, if anything at all to improve the performance of any car. Glad you like it though.
Well maybe one day you'll consider giving it a shot. I had interest in it a few months ago. But I decided against it because of all the back and forth debate. But then I saw that yammyboy purchased one and that kinda got me thinking that I should at least give it a shot. And there have been dynos that have shown gains of 5-8 hp. You have to figure that not only does it space out the TB from the intake manifold, it also angles it down thus creating a smoother and less obstructed path of air. And you have to consider that engines these days are sensitive to changes in turbulence and the path of the air going through the intake. But regardless, you could always buy one, try it out, and then sell it if you don't like it.

Oh and BTW, they were selling them for $99 shipped. And I saw one vendor over on C5 offer a full refund if anyone bought it and didn't like it. That was a while ago but maybe he will still honor that. If so then it is definitely worth trying...you'd have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Chapel, I agree with you 100%!!! The same could be said for spacers on carburated cars, like my 67 Camaro. I run a custom machined 2" billet aluminum spacer made by Wilson Manifolds. Not only did it improve throttle response, but it also added a couple extra horses on the dyno. Now, I had to go back, readjust my timing and retune my Holley Ultra HP Carburator, but there's a ton of "old school" guys that are completely against any type of spacer.

Me, I've seen it work first hand, so I'm not a skeptic....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hahaha, yea I finally got disgusted with how it looked. So I took some time out to give her a good cleaning!! Thanks for noticing!!
Haha Looks good man!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Do they make them for the V6..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Glad you guys are buying them. I knew I felt a difference with the power wedge
Installed. Just got back from a 1100.8 mile trip. Averaged 25 mpg. Mostly highway and country type driveing. I hope to improve the highway mpg when I install the variram and
high flow cats. Otherwise Im pretty damm happy and very proud of my killer bee convertable SS.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts