Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you won't believe me but I bought this car ysturday at 230 and at 4 o'clock I called the dealer and told them to come get there car, the pulley that makes all the other pulleys spin(power steering altenator and cooling) came right off the LS1 so I took it back and got my money, I am so disappoint and sadden and a lil discouraged to buy another F-body.

I put 20 miles on it and it was the best 20 miles I have every driven I usaully speed in my grand AM but in the firebird I didn't even want to I am just really disappointed I think I may look at mustangs now and I am not a ford guy.

OH and when it all came off I was doing 45 miles and hour in a two lane road and also hit a school bus(short bus) I E-Braked the **** out of it and went side ways to not hit the bus. I got my check back.

http://fredbeans.com/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=d92d95f84046381e00de3c870638615f&useHistory=true#

Got it for 8200$ out the door(tax tags) I knew it was to good to be true It had headers no cats and a magnaflow exhaust sounded REALLY good

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
So, you think that a 10 year old Mustang won't have mechanical problems?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, you think that a 10 year old Mustang won't have mechanical problems?
I didn't say that lol, I still want one but I just really wish I was driving it tonight I wanted to drive down the shore tonight its beautiful out a lil chilly but nothing I can't handle I woulda drove back too. After I get the car I need to get my radar detector even though they dont help most of the time

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
So.....obveously it has been moded. And you want to blame it on the LS1 itself? :confused:
It could have been put through hell with the previous owner.
Just remember that it was the best 20 miles you have ever driven. That you can blame on the manufacturer. ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeaa I know I am looking for one I would love a white one I found a yellow one but its way out of my price range its very nice though I dont want red or black, I only see red and black ones in my area and there aren't many maybe 4-6 for sale in 25 mile radius

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
White.......?:barf: stop looking at use car dealerships your just gonna end up with someone elses junk and over pay.....check into octanes camaro its for sale i think still.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Sounds to me since it has been modded that the person previously put on an aftermarket pulley and didn't replace the bolt like they were supposed to, or didn't put it back in at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
White.......?:barf: stop looking at use car dealerships your just gonna end up with someone elses junk and over pay.....check into octanes camaro its for sale i think still.
I want octanes camaro but there are a few problems one I can only buy the car at the dealer(autodraft) and my mom is 100% against a car that far out of state although it will be soley my car I live under her roof so I have to respect that:BangHead:

If it was up to me I would have octanes its such a beautiful car

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
The problem you had is defintly faulty installation and nothing to do witht he car itself.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
The guy who owned it probably took some stuff off in a hurry to trade it in.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Your gonna look at Mustang because you had 1 bad car?

My '92 is full of problems and I will never go back to mustangs again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts