1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10 Posts
This does occur-our family was on the wrong end of this.

I am new to the site but not to burning miles on the highway. I do 3500 miles a month so this is a no brainer to me however, a month ago at a family reunion 23 family members took some of the dogs for a walk down the road to another members house. While walking down the road (all together mind you) in DAYLIGHT 10 people were struck by a 29 year old man texting on his cell phone. 2 died at the scene, one later passed when removed off life support. So as dumb as this may be to some people, there are those who think its ok to do..

Be safe and watch out for the other driver.

·
Registered
381 Posts
WoW

Dosent get any more realistic than that..

I see it everyday..But I could never replicate what i see..

Until this...

Rick
Midway Towing

·
Registered
471 Posts
This needs to be shown to every teen about to get their drivers license. Maybe wake up some of these kids today.
I agree but let's not single out a group here. I see plenty of "soccer mom" and businessman types texting all the time while they drive. In fact, one day I was waiting on a backed up hole at the golf course adjacent to a busy street and counted over 70% of people I saw were texting or talking on the phone. Only a few of those were teens or young people. Fact is, every group does it, maybe more teens sure but let's not get ahead of ourselves and stereotype solely based on age. There's some good young drivers out there too who never text when driving, and like me, until I got my Camaro with bluetooth, never used the cell phone.

Matt, age 20

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good point Matt.

Matt,

You are very correct. I had no intent to single out anyone by stating the age of the driver. There are all forms of drivers out there paying more attention to numerous things other than driving. I still am amazed to see people getting hauled off for drinking and driving here in Michigan when its been one of the toughest states since I was of the teenage years. (too many to state here!:D)

Lets all be smart and enjoy our new Camaro and keep an eye open for the other guy. !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice PSA. Saw coverage on it on the CBS Evening News. It should be mandatory for all drivers (new and those renewing their licenses). I remember a time when driving was driving. With all of the new technology, we, as a society, tend to have to do everything "right now"! Really, can't some things wait?

I'd say, "Drive defensively!" and "Stay alert and stay alive!" ;)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm too scared to watch... was it like that scene in Death Proof, where Kurt Russell's car practically sheers off the top of that sedan packed with hot chicks?
thats the scene that popped into my mind after i watched it... as the crash happens its in slow motion and kinda focuses on each girl so it is similar to the scene.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts