Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so the weather is looking good, three great days, soooooo

I drive the Camaro to work today ... I leave home at about 0345, so you know it is dark ... down the 2 lane US Highway ... doing great, butttttttt ...

crest a hill and this big fat Raccoon (or maybe a skunk, by the slight lingering smell when I got to work) is lumbering right down the middle of my lane away from me ... no time nor inclination to jerk the wheel, so dead center on the splitter ... one dead raccoon (okay, so it was even a worse day for him / her) ... took a quick look when I got to work, but it was dark, so I went in ... at the end of the day, came out fearing the worst. It was bad for the splitter, but thankfully, I don't think anything past that .... so off for home

down the driveway slow getting ready to turn and line up the car to back into the garage but, WTF!!!!! I look over at the RAV parked on the side of the driveway ... some a-hole did a hit and run on me ... not in my driveway, but I don't know where ... a number of factors on why it wasn't seen before, mostly darkness, but dang ... two comprehensive accidents in one day

I'm not going to claim the Camaro since I have a $500 deductible anyway, the splitter costs $400 and I've got something else that needs to be painted so I'll just get it done at once,

so, how's that for a crap day?

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Sorry you had a bad day, they seem to sneak up on you when you least expect it.

You can't always walk around you car after every trip somewhere to see if you have been hit, but you can try. Still won't do you any good without a note from whoever......wishful thinking.

Sorry my friend!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Hokie, that's more like a nightmare than a bad day. Thankfully all can be repaired, and only the raccoon was hurt. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Sorry for all your issues.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Ouchies....that's awful, sorry to hear. but at least it's all fixable.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That sucks.. i had someone turn around in my driveway.. i am guessing, i went out to my daughters car one day and there was a dent in the fender and the marker light was broken out and laying in the driveway... wtf..

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry you had a bad day, they seem to sneak up on you when you least expect it.

You can't always walk around you car after every trip somewhere to see if you have been hit, but you can try. Still won't do you any good without a note from whoever......wishful thinking.

Sorry my friend!
Yeah, I try to be pretty observant, but this one managed to get by ... had a very rushed weekend and was out of town to go to the race ... hard to track to a time because some of the times when I was in position I was rushing and / or it was dark ... I can easily see how I missed it in the dark ... wish I had driven then other car to work though haha, but it was supposed to be a really nice day. Oh well, like you all say, it can all be fixed ... I'll get a picture of the splitter, it shows it was a pretty big raccoon :lol:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hokie....yea what a crappy day. Remember my story???? Only had Cami 6 weeks....brought her to be washed...employee didn't see the door open and hits her with a Dodge Hemi truck in next lane....$4000 damage that they paid for. Anyways...I'm hysterical...I call Mike to pick me up as Camaro needs to be towed. Drove 1 mile to our house and some teenager rear ends our Mustang at a red light. Yep 2 cars...2 accidents 30 minutes apart

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hokie....yea what a crappy day. Remember my story???? Only had Cami 6 weeks....brought her to be washed...employee didn't see the door open and hits her with a Dodge Hemi truck in next lane....$4000 damage that they paid for. Anyways...I'm hysterical...I call Mike to pick me up as Camaro needs to be towed. Drove 1 mile to our house and some teenager rear ends our Mustang at a red light. Yep 2 cars...2 accidents 30 minutes apart
now that you mention it, I do ...

so I have joined your club of two in a day without being at fault

to update, Allstate is calling the RAV a hit by an uninsured motorist and my deductible for that is only $200 vice $500 for comprehensive, so saved some there. FEDEX tried to deliver my splitter for the Camaro today and no one was home and they required a signature (dang I hate when they don't tell you that) ... will have another chance tomorrow, but I have to take the RAV for its estimate ... I'm sure FEDEX will show up during the hour and a half I am gone.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got my splitter $400 and estimate $287 painted and installed :( dang raccoon

Attachments

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
She's all better now??
Momma said there would be days like this.
Glad you are ok!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
She's all better now??
Momma said there would be days like this.
Glad you are ok!!
Thanks and nope, not yet ... I dropped the new splitter off but they are backlogged with the dang deer ... probably not until after thanksgiving :(

I basically had no choice popping over a hill n him being dead center ... could have maybe tried an evasive maneuver but they say not to do that and I thought it was a slim chance of influencing the outcome anyway, so thump bump bump bump

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
It's bad enough hitting something, but running over it also. Yuck.
It will soon be better.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Don't forget about the "beast", I think he got the worse end of the bargain. :lol:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All is right in the world again :D

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't forget about the "beast", I think he got the worse end of the bargain. :lol:
it definitely got the worst and I am STILL reminded as he is STILL laying where he tumbled to an end ... dang raccoon

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Splitters and road kill. Never go together, but I think you made the right choice by just taking him on. An evasive maneuver could have gotten out of hand real quickly. Glad it's all better now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Splitters and road kill. Never go together, but I think you made the right choice by just taking him on. An evasive maneuver could have gotten out of hand real quickly. Glad it's all better now:thumbsup:
thanks ... that's what I was thinking, he was dead center of the lane right after the crest of a hill ... no way would that have been a safe evasive maneuver .... I just wish I had driven the truck that day :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
thanks ... that's what I was thinking, he was dead center of the lane right after the crest of a hill ... no way would that have been a safe evasive maneuver .... I just wish I had driven the truck that day :lol:
I'm sure the raccoon wish'd you had driven the truck too!:lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts