Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I don't think T-Tops can be done with the Zeta platform. IMO it would look kinda strange on this car too.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah, I've seen t-tops photoshopped, and it does not look good at all.

On top of that, due to the size of the roof, you'd have to be he-man to lift glass t-tops that size off the car.
...or they would have to be made out of lexan, in which case the t-top option would probably cost $3000 (targa top on Corvette is lexan and costs $1900, and it's smaller than this would be).

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
They could try to do the same thing Porsche did with the 911 Targa, though I'm not sure it would fit with the 'Maro's body lines.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

On top of that, due to the size of the roof, you'd have to be he-man to lift glass t-tops that size off the car.
...or they would have to be made out of lexan, in which case the t-top option would probably cost $3000 (targa top on Corvette is lexan and costs $1900, and it's smaller than this would be).
No more "Rock my world little country girl" in the modern world? :(

"T-top camaro with a scoop on the hood, and two big speakers blasting Johnny be good." etc etc.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I hear "She's my cherry pie......." playing in my head.

·
Registered
206 Posts

i would imagine it would be no larger or heavier than the one used on vette's
i have no prob. removing or replacing, the targa on my c5.
i hope there will be a targa option available.
i really hate sun/moon roofs:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
i would imagine it would be no larger or heavier than the one used on vette's
i have no prob. removing or replacing, the targa on my c5.
i hope there will be a targa option available.
i really hate sun/moon roofs:rolleyes:
Maybe one of those PANORAMA(or whatever) roofs that they have on the Aura? ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Well, you know it's going to have a sunroof on it, that's a given. GM puts a sunroof on anything that has a roof big enough to hold one. Even ones not quite big enough to hold one (extended cab pickups).

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Just a personal thing. I hate seeing those little squares on a roof. If it's not glass with a t-bar (which I think we all agree would look hideous on this design), or completely removable, leave the roof alone. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I feel about the same way. I think TTops is a no. Sunroof I am iffy on, on this car. a targa would probley look ok but probley not doable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.