Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that you've ever had to clean? and what were the hardest?

Scott and i have always thought the Firehawk's wheels were the easiest to clean. they are by far the easiest wheels i've ever had to detail. all rounded edges and no tight corners to collect brake dust. it's also easy to reach past the spokes and clean the inner part of the rim.

the hardest wheels to clean were those darn 17" GTO wheels. they had the worst brake dust collecting crease on either side of each spoke. it made me wish i had opted for the 18" wheels so bad.

and i can't even imagine cleaning a multi-spoke wheel like those low-riders have. i hope the 5th gen's wheels are somewhat easy to clean. they look like they should be.

so what are your votes for easiest/hardest wheels to clean?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ those don't look too bad. i was picturing these when you said CCW

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Most anything Centerline sucks cleaning....They have lots of nooks and crannys. My TRuck has centerline sunrays and my Parents 57 has pro convo's ( Most pain in the ass wheel ever )
Easiest wheel ever ? either a Cragar/Torque thrust or a Smoothie !

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
the hardest wheels to clean were those darn 17" GTO wheels. they had the worst brake dust collecting crease on either side of each spoke. it made me wish i had opted for the 18" wheels so bad.
Yes, this is correct. They have these creases that just suck the dust in and you can not get to it.

Easiest for me were the Cobra R's on my Mustang GT.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
so far the Firehawk wheels have been the easiest. The absolute hardest have been wire spoke hub caps even though they don't fall under the wheel category.

·
8,984 Posts
Hardest:

Easiest:

Mooneyes flat faced wheels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
this is on my wifes car, they take about 15 minutes a wheel to clean. :thumbsdown:

They are a 15 spoke wheel, so the less spokes, the easier they are. These are the reason I now look at wheels when we were out looking at a Malibu for her. So as soon as I can find a job, these will be gone....

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
easiest cragar ss hardest centerline convo pros i'll never have convo pros ever again what a p.i.t.a.

Like I said earlier in the thread cragars are the easiest or even torque thrust since they are basically the same.
My parents have pro convos on there 57 and with all the little ribs around the rim and the billet middle pro convos are for sure the hardest thing to clean.

Mike C you are correct BMW wheels are a PIA as well to clean....most bmw magazines sell special little fine brushes just to clean wheels like those you have above. I just Sold a BMW I drove for 2 years and I bought this stuff you spray on your wheels and when it comes time to wash them they are easy to clean...I know it sounds funny but it works :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike C you are correct BMW wheels are a PIA as well to clean....most bmw magazines sell special little fine brushes just to clean wheels like those you have above. I just Sold a BMW I drove for 2 years and I bought this stuff you spray on your wheels and when it comes time to wash them they are easy to clean...I know it sounds funny but it works :thumbsup:

Do you know the name of the stuff you used? I use Simple green, and a nice thick coat of Zaino Z5. Her car has a set of clean wheels on it, so as long as I don't let it go too long, they don't get to bad. Sorry, Selana, I'm not HiJacking your thread....honest...:)

·
8,984 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts