Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on another forum.. lots of answers, and the guy who posted thought the Audi S4 for some reason.. :confused:

At any rate, my image of automobile perfection is without a doubt the Chevrolet Corvette. It's light enough to keep up with any supercar, more powerful than just about anything on the road, and is by far the cheapest of supercars, while also maintaining looks that are better than some of the things Ferrari has come up with (aka: Enzo)

Ford GT might be a close second on my list, but i think the vette takes the cake by a wide margin..

Moderncamaro's thoughts?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I dont like the Corvette very much... In my opinion, the GTR is better. The Corvette just doesnt look good enough for me, and definitely is not better looking the Ferraris, especially the Enzo. Plus, Corvettes don't have any street cred.
GTR is more expensive, clutch breaks after 4 launches, and maintenance in general is a PIA.

I'm pretty sure vette's not having street cred is also false lol.

I saw an R8 in person, i wasn't particularly impressed with the 'vert, the coupe looked okay, but i hate the headlights.. the GTR tries to look fast too hard imo

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
GTR is more expensive, clutch breaks after 4 launches, and maintenance in general is a PIA.

I'm pretty sure vette's not having street cred is also false lol.

I saw an R8 in person, i wasn't particularly impressed with the 'vert, the coupe looked okay, but i hate the headlights.. the GTR tries to look fast too hard imo
The GTR is less expensive than a Zr1.. and is faster

I love the headlights and everything else on an R8. Have you ever driven one? Get back to me once you have.

I have never seen anyone younger than 50 driving a Corvette.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My only issue with the Corvette is that when I think of EVERY aspect of an automobile, it includes a lot that the corvette simply can't do.

For instance hauling around me, my wife, and our friends on a night out. It also isn't doing any towing, or hauling in a bed since you know, it doesn't have one.

No 2 door, imo, can effectively represent EVERY aspect of an automobile. Even if you do put a hitch on it, you're still limited.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I love the headlights and everything else on an R8. Have you ever driven one? Get back to me once you have.

rofl, i'm talking the regular corvette, not the ZR1. The GTR is faster than the ZR1 in some ways, not others.. the regular vette has 430 hp and does 0-60 in 4 seconds for 50 grand.. nobody else comes close to that

I've gotten right up next to the R8 and still think it's ugly (c'mon, i drive an M3)

I've seen young guys driving vettes, but only a few of the newer ones on campus.

I'm pretty sure you'd need to be 50 to afford an R8 as well, so go figure. I'm talking performance for what the car is, not who drives it. Otherwise I'd point out that all Audi drivers tend to be a$$hats on the road because it provides a sophisticated image. (good thing too, because those idiots stopped driving BMWs)

·
Registered
738 Posts

In defense to the Corvette, at least I've seen people driving them.

I've yet to see one R8 or GTR on the road. Seriously. Not one. I've seen more Lambo's and Ferraris than GTRs and R8's. I'm not even saying that for dramatics sake, I'm being 100% honest.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My only issue with the Corvette is that when I think of EVERY aspect of an automobile, it includes a lot that the corvette simply can't do.

For instance hauling around me, my wife, and our friends on a night out. It also isn't doing any towing, or hauling in a bed since you know, it doesn't have one.

No 2 door, imo, can effectively represent EVERY aspect of an automobile. Even if you do put a hitch on it, you're still limited.
fair point, how about every aspect for a guy though? Otherwise i'd lean towards the CTS-V, but i'm not hot on their looks.

EDIT: maybe a 5 series M5 too, or an M3, but it'd have to be the e46, still not the best bang for buck new though

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Might as well make this an opinion poll. You'll get as many different answers as you have in car choices.

Nobody has to "defend" their answer nor brush off anyone else's opinion. Because if you do, then you're only trying to convince someone else that "you're right" which is utter BS with a question as such.

AMC Pacer X has it all.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might as well make this an opinion poll. You'll get as many different answers as you have in car choices.

Nobody has to "defend" their answer nor brush off anyone else's opinion. Because if you do, then you're only trying to convince someone else that "you're right" which is utter BS with a question as such.

AMC Pacer X has it all.
it's a forum though, you have to debate! :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
Man, I remember seeing this old poster of a camping car. I believe it was some sort of sedan or wagon but with fold out compartments and a grill and stuff.

I can't find it to save my line right now.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
gtr what a freakin joke its a pos nissan

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
The GTR is a cool car...but that's about it...rather have a Vette over the GTR.

I vote Mustang, I would of voted fbody but I have my reasons.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I'd have to agree with this point. I don't think there is any sports or muscle car that best represents all aspects of an automobile. Sports and muscle cars are purpose built to best represent the performance capabilities and aspects of an automobile only, not utility and usefullness. An automobile is transportation with function and purpose. Try driving any of these sports cars in a heavy northern states or canadian winter. Not going to happen. So I think to best represent every aspect of an automobile we will be left with sporty good handling SUV's or trucks that can actually carry cargo, tow something bigger than itself and fit the average size family in it for a long distance commute. Oh and it has to do this reliably.

So I would probably have to choose the Chevrolet Suburban as the automobile that best represents "every" aspect of an automobile. It's the most useful utility vehicle that is also the most versatile. Put a blower on it and it will probably keep up with many sports cars off the line. It may not handle like a sports car but it handles pretty well for a large vehicle.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Well if were including SUVs then I vote for the Chevy Blazer

1 - 20 of 35 Posts