Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Theyre nice. Dont know if theyre worth the extra 20-30k they charge for them. I figure for the same money you can make an SS YOUR car, do it just the way you want to.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I might be trading my 2011 ss for a 2012 callaway and its not 20- 30 g's more only 6000.00 and yes its legit........

·
8,984 Posts
Interesting. I usually don't like the Callaway products.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I might be trading my 2011 ss for a 2012 callaway and its not 20- 30 g's more only 6000.00 and yes its legit........
New 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS For Sale in Dallas TX | 2G1FT1EW6B9118124 | Serving Fort Worth, Plano & Grapevine

Callaway Camaro for sale, Supercharged Camaro, Callaway Dealer
Price does not include “New Camaro” or transport to and from Callaway
Starts at $18,995

2011 Chevrolet Camaro by Callaway - Top Speed
Notice how its says at the bottom, package starts at $18,000, car DOES NOT come with it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
While I agree that it's expensive, you're basically getting a ZL1, only from Callaway. If you're going to say that the Callaway is overpriced, not worth it... ect; then you could also make the same argument that the SLP ZL1 and Chevrolet's ZL1 is not worth it.

Agreed that you could do all that yourself, for the same amount of money; but, would you have a Warranty?!?! For $18,000 you are getting a LOT of modifications that are covered under Callaway's Warranty.

·
Registered
84 Posts
While I agree that it's expensive, you're basically getting a ZL1, only from Callaway. If you're going to say that the Callaway is overpriced, not worth it... ect; then you could also make the same argument that the SLP ZL1 and Chevrolet's ZL1 is not worth it.

Agreed that you could do all that yourself, for the same amount of money; but, would you have a Warranty?!?! For $18,000 you are getting a LOT of modifications that are covered under Callaway's Warranty.
Very true indeed. I was just proving a point that the Callaways editions are roughly 20-30 grand more.

·
Registered
498 Posts

they are not the same your comparing apples to oranges by saying the ZL1 is the same as the Callaway. One it's cheaper with more technology and comes with a full factory warrenty vs the limited warrenty from Callaway. Granted they are both Camaro's, but I must say they aren't the same. JMTC

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
they are not the same your comparing apples to oranges by saying the ZL1 is the same as the Callaway. One it's cheaper with more technology and comes with a full factory warrenty vs the limited warrenty from Callaway. Granted they are both Camaro's, but I must say they aren't the same. JMTC
To a degree you are right; however, you could get a Callaway for as little as 53K with no mark-up. I don't see you getting a ZL1 for that. As far as technology goes, yes the ZL1 has the upper hand, but only due to the suspension. I would say that the exhaust, brakes, rear-end (minus the cooler) and overall horsepower are extremely comparable along with specific badges and interior changes. Heck, one could argue that the wheels/tires are comparable.

Bang for the buck, they are both awesome piece of machines, and yes, you can get a full warranty with the Callaway as well. I just wouldn’t say that the Callaway is way overpriced because it'd be hard to do everything that they do, with a warranty, for 18K.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To a degree you are right; however, you could get a Callaway for as little as 53K with no mark-up. I don't see you getting a ZL1 for that. As far as technology goes, yes the ZL1 has the upper hand, but only due to the suspension. I would say that the exhaust, brakes, rear-end (minus the cooler) and overall horsepower are extremely comparable along with specific badges and interior changes. Heck, one could argue that the wheels/tires are comparable.

Bang for the buck, they are both awesome piece of machines, and yes, you can get a full warranty with the Callaway as well. I just wouldn’t say that the Callaway is way overpriced because it'd be hard to do everything that they do, with a warranty, for 18K.
I have to disagree, the $18,965 base Callaway package would not compete with with a ZL1. If you look at what it comes with, it is basically a S.C., intake setup and a cat-back exhaust, then some appearance items. No brake or suspension upgrades, no carbon fiber pieces (except fuel rail covers), no "powerwindow" hood. All those upgrades come in the $42,000 option, or by pieces. That being said, they are still a good looking, well performing car, but it will handle exactly the same as a stock SS with a S.C. Part of what you're paying for is the name.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I like the looks of everything except the wheels, and like 54 I detest most Callaway products. Still think I'd rather opt for the ZL1 instead though, more car for the money I think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts