Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it take to separate an old guy from his Camaro? I have driven by this old house with a 67 Camaro in the front yard with weeds growing up around it for the last 10 years. I finally stopped in to see if the owner was interested in selling it. This nice old man told me he was saving up to rebuild it. The house looks like it is about to fall down so it is pretty apparent he is never going to have the money and he has not touched the car in years. Man I wish I could change his mind! Any ideas?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
People can be real stubborn....and attached to cars :rolleyes:.

Maybe take a pile of cash and make him an offer he can't refuse? But unfortunately, if he's really that attached to it, it'll likely take more $$ than it's worth to make him part with it. I would just leave him your contact info and tell him if he ever changes his mind to let you know...maybe after some thought (or his house falls down), he'll change his mind.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I think the camaro probably has a very special meaning to him and he want to restore it to its former glory

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
There are some people that would rather let them rust away than to sell them. I know of a 1969 COPO Camaro all original that is just waisting away and the owner won't sell it but won't fix it up either.:(

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I know the type, guy down the road has a 67 Chevy II. It's been in the same spot for the last 15 years. And that's just how long I have been trying to get it from him. It's always "Oh I'm going to fix it up one day", years later rust eats it away. I guess they think they will someday have the money to fix it up.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
There are some people that would rather let them rust away than to sell them. I know of a 1969 COPO Camaro all original that is just waisting away and the owner won't sell it but won't fix it up either.:(
yikes...that should be a punishable offense.:eek:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will send the wife and kid over and try the sympathy card. You know, "my son is looking for a first project and loves your car"

·
8,984 Posts
I think I will send the wife and kid over and try the sympathy card. You know, "my son is looking for a first project and loves your car"
I was JUST about to say, be persistent, but this is a good idea too.

Keep trying, most will give in or at least give some crazy number.

If they do keep coming back and offering them let's say $1000, then come back and ask again, then BRING the cash and a truck and trailer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I knew a lady in my hometown that had a z28 she had bought for $6000. It
Had some water damaged interior. I offered her 10 grand and she told me she
Didn't want to sell it. I told her if she ever wanted to sell to contact me. About
A month later my cousin (a plumber) stopped at her home to do some work. He asked
If she wanted to sell her car and ended up getting the car for 9 grand! I guess
You never know!

·
Registered
811 Posts
What does it take to separate an old guy from his Camaro? I have driven by this old house with a 67 Camaro in the front yard with weeds growing up around it for the last 10 years. I finally stopped in to see if the owner was interested in selling it. This nice old man told me he was saving up to rebuild it. The house looks like it is about to fall down so it is pretty apparent he is never going to have the money and he has not touched the car in years. Man I wish I could change his mind! Any ideas?
Wait until the a-hole dies and then buy the car at the estate sale. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts