Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking a a good gas mileage car that is pretty quick and also reliable to replace my rust bucket truck. So, if I got a Cobalt SS, would you call me a 21 year old that thinks he's a kid? Keep in mind I won't be getting the "look at me I'm 17 rear wing though". What do you guys think of the car?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i think it's a cool little car...if you like it and it fits your needs I say go for it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've always thought the Cobalt SS were good looking little cars (minus the wing). And since you obviously have good tastes, with that nice blue Camaro with white stripes avatar, I trust you will make it a good looking car as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Tradeing in my rusted GMC Jimmy for a SS Cobalt. Its more than just cool. Its a very impressive little car! Definately has improved a lot within the last few years.
I'm gonna look for a new barely used one though, ill let someone else have the 5k or so loss of driving it off the lot! Gook luck and go for it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buddy of mine just got the new Cobalt SS 09 turbocharged and it is extremly nice and very fast. 260hp, boost gauges, fully loaded with suede 0-60 5.4 secs and 13.9 quarter. The only thing is it kind of looks like an 03' civic from the front and it has a ridiculous riced out shogun spoiler that came stock. He seems to like it a lot though

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only problem I have with it is, who was the genius engineer at GM who decided on not putting a center arm rest in the front?! I drove my friends '06 and i wasn't sure what to do with my right arm! lol. I'm sure I could get over it though.

But who does that?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I am thinking of getting one before I get a Camaro. They should be cheap in about a year or two (just barely used). I think it's a great little car.

My Main problem with it is the fact that it lacks Recaros.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Cobalt SS is a great car.
One of the best changes was the big spoiler not being standard anymore, so you can have the regular one.

Fast car, economical, really not many negatives to it.

Cobalt SS holds the class record at Nurburgring with a 8:22 lap! :eek:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, I am 31 and I purchased a '08 Cobalt (non-SS) for my daily commute this past May. The SS was a little to much for my budget, but I really wanted the SS. I say go for it. Good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Go for it..... I would have an SS, but my insurance would kill me. I bought an LS cobalt and it is awesome. I did test drive the SS and it is pretty fast for a 4 cyl.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only problem I have with it is, who was the genius engineer at GM who decided on not putting a center arm rest in the front?! I drove my friends '06 and i wasn't sure what to do with my right arm! lol. I'm sure I could get over it though.

But who does that?
I have an SVT Focus that is the same way, I believe they do that because the seats are wider "race inspired" seats and it is a manual, so I guess they figure you will spend most of the time shifting???:confused:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
There are arm rest dealer-options available, but they're for "automatic only".
Thought I'm sure you can make it fit.
My 09 G5 manual comes with an arm rest. :D
My '08 Cobalt is a 5 speed and it has an armrest. Is the interior that much different in the SS version?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts