Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove by dealership yesterday just to check things out.

Look what they did to my cars!!!

They gave them nose jobs!!!

They drilled holes!!!

The agony!!! The horror!!!

It just plain sucks, actually!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Too most all dealers they are just "products" they sell. They have no "attachment" to them. Me if I was living in a state where front plates were not mandatory and the car I wanted to buy had one on it. I would have the dealer find me one with OUT a front plate. Or I would go some where else Just my 2cents..

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked them they would deface my cars.

"We have to, it's the law," was the answer.

"Really?" I said. "Then why do your new Camaros not have their front plates on?"

My buddy just laughed.

I should have hit him. LOL

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I asked them they would deface my cars.

"We have to, it's the law," was the answer.

"Really?" I said. "Then why do your new Camaros not have their front plates on?"

My buddy just laughed.

I should have hit him. LOL
Not to be unkind but, did you trade them in? If you did then there not your cars any longer. I know it upsets you but that life.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I totally dislike front plates that require drilling holes in the car.

I went to the dealer to buy the Mrs. a new 2014 Impala. They had 2 on the lot. The one the wife wanted had a front plate installed. I told the salesman what I wanted. He replied they had one already on the lot. I told him that the car on the lot was totaled because it had a front plate installed.

I ordered a new 2014 LTZ2. I hope to see it in 8-10 weeks. I hope to get a VIN and Build date. I wish I could watch it be built.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I was naïve, didn't know about the other options for front plates ... If I had I wouldn't have the dealer installed

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I think you mistook the posts.

They were tongue-in-cheek.
I did sorry, I thought you were really up set since I know you loved both those camaros.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was always under the impression that all vehicles require front and rear license plates to be located outside the vehicle. Years ago I was a bit younger, a tad more arrogant, and a lot more defiant. So I decided to take my front license plate off and put it inside the car between the dashboard and the windshield. I did this also because I had noticed the Corvette guys never seemed to have front plates. So I was pulled over because the cop could not see my front plate. He told me that the law required plates to be mounted clearly visible outside the vehicle in front and back of the car. I told him that seemed unfair because I noticed lots of more expensive cars without plates on the front. He told me that they were not doing so legally and could be ticketed. He let me off with a warning and I decided to put the dang plate back on.

Incidentally, here in NJ (and maybe other states, I'm not sure) the cops have some kind of new thing where they can run your plates automatically without calling it in and actually reading off the numbers. I don't know all the details because they seem to be very apprehensive about giving out the info. But I guess they automatically scan your plates or something like that. Does anyone have any more info on this?

And BTW, if there are cars on their lot that do not have the fronts drilled out I can only assume it's for cosmetic purposes or they simply ran out of plate holders or something. They might not have them on the brand new cars while the car is on the lot. But I bet they'll put it on if the car gets sold.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
When I was loking 2yrs ago, there was a Silver Ice 2SS/RS that met all my requirements. When I got to the lot and walked up to it and saw it had a front plate bracket that was riveted into the bumper. I turned and said wtf? He said they got as a dealer trade from a dealer from VA and the VA dealer did it. I turned and said, sorry but that's a deal breaker.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Purchased my '13 1SS three weeks ago from my local dealer here in TN. They located it at a dealer in WV. Noticed on the dealer invoice that it had the front plate bracket option. I made them contact the other dealer to ensure it had not been installed cause if so it was a deal breaker. Luckily it was not. I think whether new or used, state requirement or not, it should not be installed until the car is sold and then only if the purchaser says so. There are plenty of aftermarket brackets that avoid this cosmetic travesty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chapel The "Tag Reader" that you are referring to has been installed on most of the Police cars locally. The system uses a on board computer that is linked to numerous roof mounted cameras. The system will read every tag that the car: follows, meets, and passes. If any outstanding warrants, tickets, etc. are on that tag number; the officer will be instantly alerted and given a pic of the vehicle. The system was featured on a high-tech program I watched a few years ago and it is a awesome system to help the police with stolen vehicles, unpaid tickets, and outstanding warrants

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
When I was loking 2yrs ago, there was a Silver Ice 2SS/RS that met all my requirements. When I got to the lot and walked up to it and saw it had a front plate bracket that was riveted into the bumper. I turned and said wtf? He said they got as a dealer trade from a dealer from VA and the VA dealer did it. I turned and said, sorry but that's a deal breaker.
Yep, good old VA ... I wish I had known about the aftermarket plate holders ... I bought mine in SC ... the holder was in the trunk so I had them install it ... they gave me crap about it, but not a single person mentioned holding off and looking aftermarket

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
Yeah, it's sad to see the cars with front plates at all, but I think I happen to have a pretty decent fix for that ;)

When I bought my '13 a couple weeks back it didn't have the factory front plate bracket on it yet... After I did the paperwork they said they would install the floor mats ( in the trunk ), and the license plate bracket was in there. I told them "You put that front plate bracket on before I come to get it, and you own this thing!"... Needless to say, they did not install it :)

Just waiting for my registration to come in the mail so I can put my stuff on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Drove by dealership yesterday just to check things out.

Look what they did to my cars!!!

They gave them nose jobs!!!

They drilled holes!!!

The agony!!! The horror!!!

It just plain sucks, actually!!! :D
Gotta have a plate, may as well put it there. That's how mine is. I look at it as bumper protection.:5go:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Like a dork, I went to the dealer and had them install my front license plate.... I didn't know any better. On the other hand, I can't think of a single time when I had a need to have it off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My dealer asked me if I wanted it installed. I said no. in ny we are required to have front plates. good thing they asked I ordered one of these Welcome to Altec Products Inc.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts