Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The number 230, with an image of an electric plug outlet as the "0," is popping up in a lot of places lately--such as the virtual ad on the backstop of televised baseball games and around the Web. It also has 8-11, for Aug. 11.

More...

·
8,984 Posts
230mpg....hmmmmm

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The number 230, with an image of an electric plug outlet as the "0," is popping up in a lot of places lately--such as the virtual ad on the backstop of televised baseball games and around the Web. It also has 8-11, for Aug. 11.

More...
If it's all electric shouldn't it be infinity mpg? Does it use gas?

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Woah that would do wonders for GM's CAFE. :)
Wouldn't bet on it just yet.

That 230 in the CAFE numbers would be like a data point way away from the rest of the data points on a scatter plot. It'll only very slightly affect the where the line is drawn or in this case, what GM's CAFE number ends up at.

Its a step in the right direction for sure, but to make a difference, GM needs to flood the bottom of the market with several models of vehicles like this to really boost the CAFE numbers.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Heard it earlier in they day and everyone I talk to thinks I was full of it.. not anymore. :D

One funny thing I caught while flipping channels was Wolf Blitzer's 'tarded up analysis on the whole thing. Sure it'll be a hard sell.. that's why GM said they'd be eating costs for a bit until the system got on it's feet. I just laughed at the idea that "yeah there is a solution.."

You may not have a garage, but do you have an outlet on the exterior of your house? How about your apartment building? I'm sure your land lord/lady would be willing to let you plug it in after the math/costs are worked out. Boo hoo.. quit whining and think of how it'd be possible for someone without a garage to do it.

Jeez.. always looking for something. :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Maybe there's hope for the Z28 after all. :D
:D:thumbsup:

While 40k may be a lot up front, just think about the savings of fuel. If city dwellers can get over the fact that this is a Chevrolet, these will be flying off the lots.

Honestly, I think we're going to get to the point in a couple of years where people actually want to own a GM vehicle. This will be partly spurred by the government involvement with the company, but products like this will cement the fact that GM is the brand of the future.

I am proud to say that I have been a GM fan since I started driving. Sure, I had a few other products (93 Mustang, 94 Grand Cherokee, 02 Cougar), but I always came back to GM. I hope to some day say that I was a GM fan long before it was the "cool" thing to do :cool:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Clearly these aren't EPA certified/ real world numbers, but the EPA is working on a new system to rate MPG of Series Hybrids like the Volt, so it may not be that far off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts