Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forum was getting a little slow today so I thought I would ask?

What is the difference beetween the 4th gen Camaro in all the different years they were made?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
The forum was getting a little slow today so I thought I would ask?

What is the difference beetween the 4th gen Camaro in all the different years they were made?
Cool discussion :D

A major change was the LS1 motors used in 1998-2002 cars.

GM did their usual bland minor exterior mods for 9 years...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
A couple key points at a glance...

93: First year of the 4th gen. 275hp LT1 V8 Z28 or 160hp 3.4 V6.
94: Switch to Mass Air from Speed Density. Aluminum driveshaft included with all 6-speed manual cars or automatic cars equipped with 3.23 gearing. All manual cars receive 3.42 gearing.
95: Optispark ignition upgraded
96: LT1 power bumped to 285hp with new dual-cat y-pipe. V6 bumped to 3.8 liters and 200hp (was available in LATE 95 in select states). RS model introduced for V6 cars - included ground effects and spoiler extensions. Ground effects could be had with Z28's under dealer-installed "F1" package. SS model introduced with 305hp includes ZR1 wheels, suspension upgrades, exhaust and induction, tall-lip spoiler and scooped hood.
97: Interior/dash upgraded, real tail lamps include amber turn signals, new 5 spoke wheel design.
98: New hood, headlights and front bumper. LS1 305hp V8 (Z28), 320hp (SS)
99: Small tweaks under the car include new computer, perimeter valve covers and composite gas tank.
00: New wheel designs for base/Z28 and SS. Interior colors switch from gray leather to ebony. Cloth interior has unique (ugly) pattern. AIR ("smog pump") added.
01: Bump in power to 310hp Z28, 325hp SS. EGR deletion, LS6 intake and "truck" cam round out the major engine changes. Upgrade clutch components are included.
02: Last year :(

This is all off the top of my head. There are other little things I'm sure I'm not remembering.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
that is impressive, thanks for all the info, it is exactly what I was looking for.
I'm kind of obsessive with Chevrolet and GM specs (not just Camaros). Albeit, I don't know near the same about anything made prior to the 80's. It's definitly an obsession. It's almost sickening. :screwy:

If there is anything you don't feel like looking up online, just ask. :patriot:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
A couple key points at a glance...

93: First year of the 4th gen. 275hp LT1 V8 Z28 or 160hp 3.4 V6.
94: Switch to Mass Air from Speed Density. Aluminum driveshaft included with all 6-speed manual cars or automatic cars equipped with 3.23 gearing. All manual cars receive 3.42 gearing.
95: Optispark ignition upgraded
96: LT1 power bumped to 285hp with new dual-cat y-pipe. V6 bumped to 3.8 liters and 200hp (was available in LATE 95 in select states). RS model introduced for V6 cars - included ground effects and spoiler extensions. Ground effects could be had with Z28's under dealer-installed "F1" package. SS model introduced with 305hp includes ZR1 wheels, suspension upgrades, exhaust and induction, tall-lip spoiler and scooped hood.
97: Interior/dash upgraded, real tail lamps include amber turn signals, new 5 spoke wheel design. 30th Anniversary SS model available. Limited run of 100 LT4 SS models offered.
98: New hood, headlights and front bumper. LS1 305hp V8 (Z28), 320hp (SS)
99: Small tweaks under the car include new computer, perimeter valve covers and composite gas tank.
00: New wheel designs for base/Z28 and SS. Interior colors switch from gray leather to ebony. Cloth interior has unique (ugly) pattern. AIR ("smog pump") added.
01: Bump in power to 310hp Z28, 325hp SS. EGR deletion, LS6 intake and "truck" cam round out the major engine changes. Upgrade clutch components are included.
02: Last year :(

This is all off the top of my head. There are other little things I'm sure I'm not remembering.
Nice job off the cuff!!! I added a little tid bit myself :D

+1 to you :cool:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Nice job off the cuff!!! I added a little tid bit myself :D

+1 to you :cool:
Thanks. I didn't include the extras like the '93 Indy Z, '97 30th Z/SS and '02 35th SS packages. I didn't think they were relevent - I should try telling that to a LT4 owner :rotflmao:

I also left out the SLP options (Bilstein suspension, 345hp, etc) and anything made by GMMG (Tom Henry, Berger, etc).

4th gens are awesome :roxor:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts