Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of the big car mags (Road & track & Motor Trend) have reported the lineup to be a Base V6, or possibly two V6 options, the 220bhp V6, followed by the Direct Induction 300 HP CTS Engine, as possibly LS & LT Models;

Next up would be a Z28 Model as the V8 Option, with the detuned Vette Engine, generating about 400HP;

And then within the following year, a Convertible option, and a supercharged 'LSA' SS Model generating between 450-500 BHP as the top dog;

Yet many of you are saying that instead, the SS Will be the Base V8 Option, with the Z28 coming out later on as the top dog with the Supercharged V8.

Isn't the information from those two mags usually pretty reliable, or are they speculating? Where is the info that the SS will be the top dog coming from?

In any event, whicever is the Base v8 Option, hopefully it comes in at under 30K;

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
We have already proven them wrong many times on this board. The fact is with the internet information travels so much quicker now, while mags take time to publish and they have to do a lot more speculating to even get a story. Pretty much what they do is take an educated guess and publish it as fact. We on the boards make educated guesses based on the info we have(which is more current than mags) and we let people know if its our guess or fact and also if its our guess we let you know why that is our guess.

At this time there are probley some people in the know (focus group members) in which a lot of those members are members on this board and I doubt there going to leak any info out that they are not supposed to.

The Z28 SS thing is all speculation unless you hear it from fbodyfather(scotty settlemier)<spelling? or one of the focus group members. I'm sure there may be a few more people in the know besides them, but they better watch out for the black suburbans;).

So far we have no fact on any Camaro trim names.

BTW welcome to the forums:hello:
If its real info your after this is the place to be:roxor:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah the Z28 vs SS topic has been long debated, and will continue to be until the production info comes out. :D

As said above, magazines are not a good place to get info from anymore.
They guess alot, and try to pass it off as fact.

But you came to the right place to get the accurate info! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have already proven them wrong many times on this board. The fact is with the internet information travels so much quicker now, while mags take time to publish and they have to do a lot more speculating to even get a story. Pretty much what they do is take an educated guess and publish it as fact. We on the boards make educated guesses based on the info we have(which is more current than mags) and we let people know if its our guess or fact and also if its our guess we let you know why that is our guess.

At this time there are probley some people in the know (focus group members) in which a lot of those members are members on this board and I doubt there going to leak any info out that they are not supposed to.

The Z28 SS thing is all speculation unless you hear it from fbodyfather(scotty settlemier)<spelling? or one of the focus group members. I'm sure there may be a few more people in the know besides them, but they better watch out for the black suburbans;).

So far we have no fact on any Camaro trim names.

BTW welcome to the forums:hello:
If its real info your after this is the place to be:roxor:
Thanks for the welcome; Yeah, I'm sure GM is sure about the model lineup, but probably has debated how to badge the models accordingly;

As I said, I would be more than content with either an 'SS' or 'Z28' Option with the base V8, if it comes in at around 28K or so;

Does anyone also know whether or not the Direct Injected V6 or base V8 run on regular octane; Hopefully neither one requires premium fuel, that would be a potential showstopper.... :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
We don't know for a fact yet, because GM hasn't released that information. A lot of people have speculated on which engines it will be, and whether they will recommend or require premium gas. I would imagine in these times of high prices, that any model except the top of the line would try to stay away from requiring premium fuel. It's getting harder for people to justify V8s anyways, but if they automatically have to pay and extra 20 - 30 cents per gallon, then they really won't be happy.

There is a lot of information here, but unfortunately, GM is being really tight-lipped on everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.