Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I revived the Camaro with a tranny rebuild. Overhauled and upgraded, by a respectable technician, I couldn't be happier. However I'm even more happy when I punch it and the car takes off; the Camaro is running like a Camaro should run.

However, I'm curious on what you all consider "beating on your car". I don't really floor it from the stoplights or do any burnouts, but there is never a day when "He" doesn't have a good run. The car receives good tune ups when it needs them.

I've always considered beating on your car is flooring it constantly and not mending it's wounds on time or correctly.

You?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Beating on a car... I had a different obscene idea in my head, but the way you describe it is pretty much my second idea. I mean you should treat your cars with respect.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Beating on a car... I had a different obscene idea in my head, but the way you describe it is pretty much my second idea. I mean you should treat your cars with respect.
You are a sick person :lol:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
A few days ago I revived the Camaro with a tranny rebuild. Overhauled and upgraded, by a respectable technician, I couldn't be happier. However I'm even more happy when I punch it and the car takes off; the Camaro is running like a Camaro should run.

However, I'm curious on what you all consider "beating on your car". I don't really floor it from the stoplights or do any burnouts, but there is never a day when "He" doesn't have a good run. The car receives good tune ups when it needs them.

I've always considered beating on your car is flooring it constantly and not mending it's wounds on time or correctly.

You?
To me 'beating on a car' = abusing it in ways that can only lead to pre-mature failure in an expensive manner :D

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm not sure there is a description for beating on a car, at least when I'm driving. I consider it driving it like it's meant to be. I also maintain my vehicles accordingly.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Beating on a car= Letting my 60 year old mother drive it, **** Jersey drivers!!:lol:
Yeah jumping curbs can do a real number on the alignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts