Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will you be the one who has been dying for the Camaro because you want to sit it with the other ones you have in the garage?

Are you looking for the next fastest thing to rip down the road or the track?

Are you going to go nuts with modifications and then just take it to car shows and let everyone stroke your ego with how great your car is that you never ever use?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm going to be the one who dreamed of buying a brand new Camaro, but was only 19 when the last one rolled off the assembly line. I'm also going to thrash it whenever possible (street, track, etc). It will also shine right up and sit proudly at car shows and cruise ins. I'll be proud to talk about my car, but I'll put my money where my mouth is when I say I can whip the stink out of that Mustang.

I will be buying a performance car to USE the performance.

Who will you be?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Will you be the one who has been dying for the Camaro because you want to sit it with the other ones you have in the garage?

Are you looking for the next fastest thing to rip down the road or the track?

Are you going to go nuts with modifications and then just take it to car shows and let everyone stroke your ego with how great your car is that you never ever use?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm going to be the one who dreamed of buying a brand new Camaro, but was only 19 when the last one rolled off the assembly line. I'm also going to thrash it whenever possible (street, track, etc). It will also shine right up and sit proudly at car shows and cruise ins. I'll be proud to talk about my car, but I'll put my money where my mouth is when I say I can whip the stink out of that Mustang.

I will be buying a performance car to USE the performance.

Who will you be?
Amen to you my brother!

I am going to buy it, try not to thrash it too much, spank some Fords, Dodges, and anything that comes along, and maybe, just maybe, shine it up nice before I go to a show. If there is no time to wash it, then oh well. Anyone who wants to talk smack, can meet me in the parking lot for directions to the closest freeway and a lesson in humility.:patriot:

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I'm buying a 4 seater Corvette. I love my current car, and it's great for daily driving and autocrossing (my #1 hobby). But it's not practical when you have 2 kids. I've got a truck for those times, but it's not the same.

I've always loved the Camaros. Especially Gen 1, but there's no way I'd turn down any of them.

But when I saw the concept the first time, I think I heard angels singing, I swear it. So, from that point on, I knew I would be waiting until it came out to get my next car. Funny, right about that time I was considering a Mustang because it was the only new "muscle" car. Then a higher power intervened and showed me that photo.

I'm going to drive the crap out of my car, and give it the love it needs as well.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I wanted to buy a WS6 in 2000...but just couldn't afford it at the time. So I always looked forward to the 5th gen and hoped that I'd be able to afford one. I've had lots of "fun cars" in the past...but they've never been perfect and I never had the $$ (or in some cases the time) to make them perfect. I've always been a perfectionist, and the little things always pissed me off about my cars. So, I've been looking forward to ordering one exactly how I want it (hopefully), and keeping it as close to "new" as possible.

Oh coarse I'll enjoy it...I'll drive it like it's meant to be driven but not to the point where I'll be putting a new clutch in it every year. I'll probably mod it a little, but not go too crazy (for a while at least). :eek: And yes, the first time I saw it in person, I knew I would own one...I just stood there and stared:D for a good 15 minutes.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Im going to be the loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, and the powerless because we are living in a world of criminals that operate above the law. I cant stand those criminals. I have to do something. There comes a time in a man life when he realizes that one man can make a difference. I believe I'm that man and I will have the right car to do it. Its just something about this car. Something about her. Maybe I wont do it for the money, i did it for the car. Victory Red, Artic White, or *joyful sigh* Jinx Blue begging to be plucked. Because I just the thrill of the adventure. No, No..........the peace with one's self. Because in those 13 seconds and prolly less,.....Im free. While in my car, nothing else matters. Not the car payment. Not the high insurance rates. Not even those ricers that revved at me but couldnt keep up.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
It's going to be a highly abused every bolt on I can find DD. It'll see a some track duty but not as much as my Z did and will again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Drive it until the leather wears off the shifter or the pedal, whichever one comes first. And then keep on driving it "Indef"

SF
Rick

·
Registered
330 Posts
if my life keeps going the way it is.. then my only 5th gen driving will be in my dreams, so i will be doing 300mph every inch of the way with no regard for the future, if i crash it, ill just wake up in a sweat, and the next night i will dream up another one... haha

but if 22 miricles happen before 09, then i will take very good care of my SS. it will not be driven like a grandma, and it will get modified a little at a time. but it will be a daily driver throughout the snowless season...(10 months or more..) im sure i will get my share of tickets, or if im able to get to the track enough to kill the urge, then ill just collect timeslips instead.

where i live its a joke to keep a car spotless, living on a gravel pothole infested road.... so i dont know that it will be in any car shows, but once in a while i may take it to the show off site with a fresh wash/wax (performed somewhere in town) cuz once i get home it will be dirty again

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I think about driving I always want it to be sometime between spring and fall and sometime in the twilight hours. Less traffic, cool enough to not need A/C and warm enough to have the windows down. Just cruisin:cool:. Take a few corners and accelerate out. Grab some gears listen to the exhaust.

I would drive it whenever I can make an excuse to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will have my cake and eat it too!!!!! I will buy a coupe and conv...The coupe will be the thrasher against mustang and tin can sounding imports...the conv will be the weekend car trips to Vegas and blasting the jamz!!!!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
if my life keeps going the way it is.. then my only
where i live its a joke to keep a car spotless, living on a gravel pothole infested road.... so i dont know that it will be in any car shows, but once in a while i may take it to the show off site with a fresh wash/wax (performed somewhere in town) cuz once i get home it will be dirty again
I know the feeling. Living in the country gravel roads and endless bug guts are a constant battle. Forget about putting tireshine on tires they look loke powedered doughnuts the first gravel drive you hit. I have found one alternative though, spitshine in a can! (liquid gloss boot polish with the sponge applicator).

I can't complain too much though I wash my cars frequently. Even though I abuse them in use they generally look better than they should. My dead camaro gets washed and vacuumed at least once a month. For a car that has been parked for almost a year now it still looks good. Most people can't tell I even smoked in my vehicles as ashtrays are never used and there are no burn marks in any vehicle I own that I have put in them. I have to say even though I drive them like I stole them they generally look almost as good as the day I got them. The new one will probably be the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I think about driving I always want it to be sometime between spring and fall and sometime in the twilight hours. Less traffic, cool enough to not need A/C and warm enough to have the windows down. Just cruisin:cool:. Take a few corners and accelerate out. Grab some gears listen to the exhaust.

I would drive it whenever I can make an excuse to.
right on. to just cruise around and enjoy the drive. my dd is a comfortable machine and bought it mainly to ease the burden of sitting in traffic, stop and go, etc., etc. the camaro is my chance to get behind the wheel and drive, and that's what i'm looking for most. at 75% the weight and 200% the horsepower, this car should really rock-it-out over the dd.

track time will be the thrill. honestly, :lol:, i just want to drive this beautiful car around and enjoy the joys of modern motoring but if i have to get 'it' out of my system, an hour or so on the circuit will do. i can see high performance laps getting the blood pumped and tension stretched out (safely... like married sex :rotflmao: )

i love the throw back to the 1st gen styling, and see myself just looking at it as a halo car for the first year or two. it's a thrill that's more then i can put into words to reach back and remember the heyday of the muscle cars, and the first gen camaro. and then realize that i own a 5th gen version just as hot. wow!! that is a pretty wild feeling. :notworthy: thanks gm, the dream came true.

then there's the get togethers, showing the car around and talking about it over the 5th gen board to compare notes. the rest of time will be pampering, polishing and just working around it to upkeep the finish and looking like new. can't wait!! :lookandleave:

joe

·
Registered
523 Posts
mine will be a weekend car only,spend most of its time in the garage, keep it clean,but while i'm out on the weekends i've been know to race a lil in my 69 i don't think this car will be any different.if i feel the power under my foot i cant help but mash it once in a while.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine'll be a mostly daily driver in the spring/summer an early fall. Very rarely drivin in the rain, never drivin in the snow, I'll use the truck for that:lol:.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is something I've been struggling with lately. I'm not sure whether I should keep my Rendezvous for the winter months, or just ditch it entirely. I can't see myself being able to switch from the Camaro to the Rendezvous, which drives like a barn.

Seriously.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts