Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my good friend and I both have new cars. He went with a 2013 Subaru STI and with his current mods hes not really a match (he only has a cat back and an intake) but he plans on doing the down pipe, boost controller, injectors, fuel pump, E85 tune and with those mods he should be around 370WHP.. im doing 1 7/8 headers soon and the rest of the exhaust and a tune but that will only bring me to around 370WHP at best.. what else can i do to keep up with him? his car weighs about 3400 pounds and at 370WHP its going to be a little monster and its all wheel drive.. lol all signs are pointing to either i cam the car or start saving for forced induction :hmm: but thats 7k i dont have right now. what are my options? my sig has my current mods (pretty much stock)

and im new to the this forum thanks for the help!
:5go:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
A cold air intake will round the headers and tune out nicely. If you wanna increase the acceleration then you could do a torque converter and a gear swap. The torque converter will come in handy for later when you do a cam. As far as a cam, I've seen them priced as low as $1300 for a swap including tuning. Some places are more like $1800. But yea a cam, headers, tq converter, and gears are gonna be your heavy hitters as far as performance goes without getting into forced induction for several thousand dollars. And there is always nitrous...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A cold air intake will round the headers and tune out nicely. If you wanna increase the acceleration then you could do a torque converter and a gear swap. The torque converter will come in handy for later when you do a cam. As far as a cam, I've seen them priced as low as $1300 for a swap including tuning. Some places are more like $1800. But yea a cam, headers, tq converter, and gears are gonna be your heavy hitters as far as performance goes without getting into forced induction for several thousand dollars. And there is always nitrous...
yeah i was thinking about the torque converter and maybe doing 4.10 gears in the rear.. i need to price that stuff out. im getting the headers soon along with the rest of the exhaust. maybe when i get desperate ill do a 100 shot of nos lol that stuff can be bad news though. thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i dont think his car is making the same amount of torque yours will be making

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
i dont think his car is making the same amount of torque yours will be making
Yea but it has AWD...so it can put more of it's power to the ground. Stock to stock they are no match for us. I think they are a low to mid 13. The kid might be a bit faster with the intake and exhaust...forced induction engine respond a lot better to intake and exhaust mods than NA engines. Right now they may be neck and neck if they both get a good launch. But it will be lights out once that kid gets those mods he has planned IF the Camaro stays the way it is now. Headers, intake, and dyno tune on the SS should keep them close. And the auto in the SS will help out against the manual in the STI. But the weight may give the edge to the STI. I don't know, I'd say that if the STI gets all those mods, and the SS gets headers, intake, dyno, and if they are equal drivers...I think it will be close but the STI may come out ahead. Throw in gears, lowering springs, and a good tire and the SS will take the STI's lunch all day. Add a nice 50 or 75 shot and it won't even be a race.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yea id like to see how much tq that little motor actually makes lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea id like to see how much tq that little motor actually makes lol
he said from what most guys make with the mods hes going to do with a "safe tune" he will make about 340hp 360tq to the wheels. in a 3400 pound car that will be at pretty sick lol and with a high psi tune he will be at 370hp and 390tq to the wheels, but he said he doesnt want to use that tune for daily driving just for racing applications (like if he races a camaro :lol: )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im glad he has his type of car and i have mine, so radically different but both capable in different ways. im pumped to get my headers and tune and run him once he does his mods. and than ill figure out my next move :hmm: :lol:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
im glad he has his type of car and i have mine, so radically different but both capable in different ways. im pumped to get my headers and tune and run him once he does his mods. and than ill figure out my next move :hmm: :lol:
i made 428torque to the wheels with headers and tune, makes a difference, only thing with our cars is the weight issue

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Headers and 150 wet shot with a tune. He won't know what cock slapped him across his face :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Headers and 150 wet shot with a tune. He won't know what cock slapped him across his face :)
Can a stock internal L99/LS3 handle a 150 shot? I would think that a 100 shot is pushing it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts