Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting since May, I finally got the email from the dealer that my car has been shipped. Now here is the kicker, the company I work for just layed off 25% of the staff. And they are asking those of use left to take a 25% pay cut. :eek: The wife and I have a 2 year old and another one in the oven. It makes me sick just thinking about it but I may have to pass on the car and order or buy another one when things calm down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
play it safe. Don't be stupid

If you still have a job, count yourself lucky. If you are taking a cut in pay, then don't take the car. Demand is high, someone will buy it. Just don't jeapordize your future for a car. It's just not worth it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of you are right and I am 99% sure that I'll just let the car go for now. I mean GM will make more. This just totally blind sided me. It all happened at 3pm on friday, so i am still trying to figure it all out. Two months ago the CEO stood in front of us and said everything was fine and there wouldn't be any layoffs. Said there was enough money on the company to run it for at least another year without anything else coming in. Guess he's a liar!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it sucks...but I think you know what you need to do. Hopefully you'll just have to hold off temporarily. Hang in there. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts