Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i bought the LS about a week ago and would like to trade to the SS. i took the car back and they said they would have to trade it in a buy a new SS which is 10k more. does this sound right?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds right...I paid 37,+ for mine. How much di dyou pay for the LS? Look at the difference on chevrolet.com and use the "build my own" buttons and see what you should be paying. Hope this helps:confused:

·
Registered
353 Posts
you paid 31k for a LS no way!! If you did you got took maybe 21k but not 31. if you did pay that much you will not get that much for a trade in which means if they deal with you they will roll over the amount you owe to what they can get for the car to the SS. I can almost bet that in the long run by the time they add what you owe on the SS it will be alot more then 10k. Sometimes you have to sit back and think things out I really don't think you realize the difference in car payments. You want a Lamborghini on a Volkswagen budget.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
:facepalm:

I understand that you're young and all, but wow, I think we have a runner against HBZ28 here.

I'm sorry that I do not have anything constructive to add to your thread, but with your sponsor begging, and now this? Well...

The quote in your signature isn't even correct. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
hhahahah demon i am so glad someone else sees the error of his sig. it bugs the crap out of me every time i see it

guess it's a good thing i never sent him any of my decals for that sponsorship

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
First off, can you AFFORD the SS? 10K plus added insurance (it's even kinda high for super safe and older drivers- [Insert your favorite diety here] help a noob driver). It can add up to a lot. And if you paid 31K for an LS...someone saw you coming...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
the even bigger question is will mommy and daddy stand on the loan for an ss

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sure he isn't exactly seasoned in the art of vehicle price negotiations, but seriously, there should be laws against ripping someone off that bad. **** car salespeople.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Sure he isn't exactly seasoned in the art of vehicle price negotiations, but seriously, there should be laws against ripping someone off that bad. **** car salespeople.
i'm not defending the kid in this post, however we do not know the whole story about the purchase of his car. for all we know his parents could have traded in something on the camaro that had big negative equity and that's where this kid is figuring they paid $31k for the car. even if this kid isn't seasoned in car negotiations his parents **** well should be. and if they are that stupid well then they deserved to pay $31k for an LS

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
man, y'all are harsh on the kid. we all had to learn stuff like this at some point...

anyway, from your question, it kinda sounded like you were asking if they could just take the car back and give you a credit for what you paid vs. doing a "trade-in." but once a car is sold, a dealer will have to treat is as a trade-in. so whatever negative equity you have in the car (and usually once it leave the lot the value drops a couple grand even if you've only driven it 5 miles), plus whatever the new car costs is prolly gonna kill ya.

i say, just keep your LS for a couple of years (usually after 3 years you have enough paid into the car that there is no negative equity) and then trade it in on an SS or even a Z28!! :D

BTW, negative equity means if the car is valued at say 20K, and you owe 31K... you have 11K negative equity. this is also referred to as being "upside down" on a car loan. that 11K would have to be paid or rolled over into your next car loan (which i DO NOT recommend doing).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ok i bought the LS about a week ago and would like to trade to the SS. i took the car back and they said they would have to trade it in a buy a new SS which is 10k more. does this sound right?
Hey there. Ignore the idiots on this list who are given you a hard time.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to upgrade.

$31,000 for an LS? Just for grins what options do you have on your Camaro?

If you did pay $31,000 for an LS then you probably will get ~20,000 on a trade and then a 2SS will be somewhere around $35,000 depending upon options. So you are looking at $11,000 plus $35,000 ~ $46,000 loan. Do you want to pay that much for an SS?

Do you have the finances for the SS?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I.. what.. is.. this.. I.. don't.. even..

*headasplode*

If this is a troll I salute you, otherwise I'll have to buy more stock in tylenol. How in the depths of hell did you think paying 31K for a MSRP 24K car was even sane? Son you got played like a fiddle in the hands of Charlie Daniels methinks.. :facepalm:

EDIT:

Actually guys, you can get an LS tricked out past 32K
Base LS + 21" 'dubs' + Stripes + GFX + Mats + Auto + Painted engine cover = ~31K-32K

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is the same kid that was posting the other day looking for sponsors. If he paid 31K then I'll sponsor him and only charge him $250.00 a month. Might as well get some money out of it like his dealership did.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts