Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before........but here goes.....

Please -- no arguing (altho on this board, we very rarely have that problem...)
Just would like everyones' opinion on what 'special edition' Camaros would be appropriate.
To save time -- do not include RS/SS/Z28........
We anxiously await your reply!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I would like to keep the special editions kept to an absolute minimum.
Ford is really overdoing this, I just saw this Breast Cancer edition Mustang earlier this week. http://www.fordvehicles.com/warriorsinpink/mustang/

While I understand the cause, if I didn't think they already have too many I wouldn't give it a second thought. With their sales on the decline, they are overdoing it.

In my opion, GM should be creative here. It is easy to use names like Nickey or Yenko. I'm assuming at least two of the RPO designators you mention above are already in use, I hope GM can put their creative minds to work and come up with something new for us.

Corvette has the C6-R. Will there be a race-ready version of the Camaro (I'm not talking with options like Air Conditioning, I'm talking REAL race version like the 1LE Camaro was) That would be a nice 'special edition' IMO :cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
*Buys Breast Cancer Camaro* <---Sarcasm.

I Just Want A Decent Camaro With A Huge V8,Leather, And A Hardtop.
Whatever Car Fits That Is Perfect To Me.

Otherwise Im On A Budget And Special Editions Aren't Budget Cars ...

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
The anniversary car is a must. B4C and the pace cars too. Why not have some sort of edition marking the anniversary for the 69 camaro since it will come out in 09 and that car was an influence in the design.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Here's my brainstorm:

• Transformer Edition Camaro would be cool, although since the production car comes 1 year after the movie, not sure it'd still be relevant.
  • B4C and 1LE options would be nice to see.
  • Anniversary packages (in appropriate years of course).
  • Berger cars, Dick Harrell cars, GMMG cars.
  • SLP involement on some sort of car? Camaro SLP Edition or something?
  • Fbodfather Signature Edition :D

·
9,152 Posts
Here's my brainstorm:
  • Transformer Edition Camaro would be cool, although since the production car comes 1 year after the movie, not sure it'd still be relevant.
  • Fbodfather Signature Edition :D
1. I agree, it would be too late to have the impact you would want
2. Suck up :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
ZL1!!! I like that Sunoco creation too. Let nicky and Yenko build their own (you know they are dying to anyway) keep the GM ones special.

·
2,416 Posts
oooofff, that looks good

·
9,152 Posts
I would like to see a "BAM Stripper". BIG A$$ MOTOR, NO OPTIONS!
GM tried that with the fixed-roof-coupe Corvette. It started out as a bare bones Corvette for racing, no AC, etc etc.
By the time the bean counters got through with it, the only real difference was the trunk instead of the hatchback...
That car did evolve into the Z06 however :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll never buy a special edition... unless they do a houndstooth ac delete stripper version. I will definitely buy that.

I hope that GMPP releases some power packages that arent' as expensive as the FRPP ones though. I'd be nice to have factory engineered go fast goodies for these things once they hit the streets. Maybe some emblems to go with the packs.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Mr. Settlemire,
1st, thanks for answering my post on NastyZ.
2nd, I believe "special editions" should be limited to VERY limited edition Pace Cars, and high end ZL1 or "COPO" Camaro's. I don't think it would be wise for GM to release many more special editions than that. The collector's will buy them simply because their collector cars. On the other hand, the average enthusiast will drool over them, but if they can afford a mid $40s to low $50s car, they're going to buy a Vette.

·
5,668 Posts
I guess I missed this one, but I would like to see a ZL1 camaro.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts