Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Camaro was your first love. The one Camaro you couldn't wait to take out of the garage and the one that started it all.....

I must admit that I have only owned 1 Camaro. A 1994 Z/28. I loved that car!! I was sad to see her go, but am looking forward to my 5th gen.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
can't say any one car caused me to love chevys... they're all my dad drives, though my first car was a '67 Chevelle... plan to restore it when i can, and i love the throwback to the old camaro. :cool:

·
Registered
589 Posts
My brohter got a rose pink 76 camaro in the late 80''s with cragar ss rims on it. Outside looked ok but we lived in Mass and you could seriously see the road from inside the car thru the floor boards. BUt man I loved looking at that car. That car and the Iroc Z's did it for me.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
my 98 v6 Camaro. it was the first car i bought all by myself (which is why i could only afford a V6, but hey, i was only 19)...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll post up pics later, but for me it was my first car, a '94 Z28 Auto, K&N, Flowmaster, the rest was stock. I bought it from my uncle for 4 grand with 94,000 miles on it and it was leaking oil, lol. I absolutely loved that thing! It was pretty **** fast too for what it was. I lost it on the way to high school graduation when some lady in a '92 Ford Explorer made an illegal left turn into oncoming traffic and I couldn't avoid her. Totalled :-( Never lost my love for the car though!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
1996 Camaro RS. Polo Green Metallic, 3.8 V-6 I'll post pics later. First F-Body I owned, but loved em all. Miss that car but it had a lot of gremlins. Looking forward to my 5th gen. Will be ordering soon.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My 69. Bought it in 1991 while I was a freshman in college.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I didn't care for cars. Hated 'em until My Birthday back in 2006 at the SF Autoshow. I walked down the stairs and saw the Tesla Roadster. I'm like hmm..... Then I turned the corner and as soon as I saw the red Concept Camaro, I just said out loud, "I'm gonna own that car."

Been into (Almost) everything Chevy-branded since.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I blame my father for everything car related. I can remember my dad’s 68 Camaro, which he sold when I was a little boy, because we needed the money. So, I got closer to the age of freedom (16) I remember telling him that I wanted one just like he had, however he insisted that it be a 69.
Fast forward a few years….
I was 17 and attempting to restore the 55 Chevy that my dad owned since before I was born. I was working on the ol' shoebox when he told me to get in the car; he said that he found a guy that had some parts that we needed. So we drove to a small town about 45 minutes from our house, we meet some guy at a gas station and followed him back to his house. We got out of our car, walked up to the guy's barn, he opened the door and there sat a blue 69 Camaro. My jaw dropped to the floor when I finally realized that we were there for the Camaro. That car became my obsession for the next 12 years. I purchased the car in 1994 and it took me until 2005 before I ever got to drive her. Although she still unfinished, I can take her out and drive her anytime I wish. That is how my Camaro fetish started. I have owned 2 other Camaros in my life, a red 91 RS, and a blue 89 IROC, and someday I will have a 5th gen.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
What Camaro was your first love. The one Camaro you couldn't wait to take out of the garage and the one that started it all.....

I must admit that I have only owned 1 Camaro. A 1994 Z/28. I loved that car!! I was sad to see her go, but am looking forward to my 5th gen.:cool:
Well since my first and last F-body was a Firebird, I guess the fact that they aren't making anymore coupled with "hey, they're making a new Camaro!" is what started the fire.
:D

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
...'94 Z28 Auto, K&N, Flowmaster, the rest was stock...
Wow, that's almost exactly my first Camaro too, mods and all!
Red '94 Z28, Auto, K&N filter, Hypertech air foil, Flowmaster muffler.
Thing was a freak... with just those mods it went 13.7 in the 1/4 mile. :)

That's the car that started it all for me!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I've only owned 1 camaro....my first car was a '69 bondobuggy. It had a rockin 250 and an awesome mono-jet carb that didn't like to work when it was under 50 degrees. But I loved that car...something about it just felt right. I've had lots of cars since then...but no camaro's. When I saw the Concept in '06 at the NY autoshow, I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought my first Camaro at 18 years old in '67, a dark blue RS with a 327 two barrel, it was my first new car (my third car overall) and I barely was able to afford it, I guess that it lit the fire. It was the second new Camaro that I bought in '69 at age 20 that really pushed it to an inferno, a Rallye Green Z/28 with black stripes. Though I eventually sold that Z, I always regretted it, always wanted to buy another one, as I got older I gravitated to SUVs and such for my frequent fishing trips (but still Chevy and GMC) and always longed for another Camaro like that '69 Z/28. When the Concept was shown in 2006 I decided that if they built it I would have to have one, so I'm waiting for a while to see what comes about as far as other colors/options, then I'll pick one up.
Clyde

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That must have been the most popular combo for our cars... besides the exterior mods seen in the pics, that is the exact mechanical setup I had.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, it my cousin's 69 Z/28. I loved that car.

I couldn't afford anything like it when I was 17 except for a used '70 Camaro with the 307. My younger brother had a '68 butternut yellow Camaro convertible 6 cylinder at the same time. One of my best friend's had a '71 (bright yellow). His sister had a red '68 RS. 5 Camaros between two city streets....

Later, it was the '69 RS/SS that I really fell in love with. I tried to find a Z/28 RS that I could swing. Hah! I bought a '69 Z/11 Pace Car, but the guy selling it backed out of the deal. So I ended up with the '69 RS/SS Z/10...

Next car is going to be one of these 5th gens... just have to wait a bit til the economy comes back, and I get the last of the two kids into college...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In the early 70s (72, maybe?), my 17-year-old older brother bought a used '69 Z/28 that had received a 427 4-bolt transplant (along w/ a Rockcrusher) that he got from a guy who had been bracket racing it. Needed a little work to get it street-legal again and then a bit of "freshening" (it ate lobes on occasion, needed new headers, wanted new heads, etc.)

Triple black (black body, black top, black leather) with chrome Cragar SSs, 50-series M/Ts in back. Most frightening street car I've ever had the pleasure of driving...

:5go:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thing was a freak... with just those mods it went 13.7 in the 1/4 mile. :)

That's the car that started it all for me!
I think jswz28 is right, must have been the most popular set up for these, plus I was only 16 and didn't really know much else than what was most popular! Mine ran a 13.6, I always thought it was a a freak. I know that's not crazy fast, but for having 100,000 miles on it, sure seemed fast to me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My uncles used to own a Chevrolet Dealership in downtown Indy (Johnson Chevrolet). My Dad made pretty good coin at a local pharmaceutical company and Uncle Dave used to bring cool cars to our house now and then, I think hoping Dad would have a mid-life crisis or something, (He never did BTW). Uncle Dave was involved with the pace car program in '67 and one day he showed up in one of the pace cars, flags and all. My Dad took me for a ride around the neighborhood in it. Now the Corvettes and so forth that he brought by were cool and all, but that Camaro pace car blew me away and I knew right then someday I'd have to own a '67 Camaro even at the tender age of seven. Many years later after Dad passed away I answered an ad out of California and discovered that the car in question was located about 7 or 8 miles up the road I live on. Took it as a sign and bought the car (see avatar)!

Uncle Dave is second from the right, between Tony Hulman and the guy in the red jacket.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts