Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Back in HS 10 years ago every kid I knew owned a new 99 Camaro I wanted one but never got one because my parents wouldnt buy me one..." you will tear it up " I could afford the payments in 99 but insurance was gonig to eat me alive so I settled for my truck instead and built it like a sports car.
My first Camaro was/is my 69 My parents have always said if you buy the car you will take better care of it thats how you kids are.
I saved my money and said when I got my insurance break at 25 I was buying myself a new CAMARO !!!!!!!
25 came and there was no Camaro so instead I looked into buying a house and getting out of an apartment.
Now there is a new Camaro and its my time to follow up and keep my word....I'm getting my NEW CAMARO.
I cant say which will be my favorite...many say its the 69 because come on its a 69.... I love that car and it will always be around however from the young age of my childhood to my highschool years to early adulthood I always wanted a NEW CAMARO something I could drive like it was ment to be driven.

So the rest is in the future and untold......?????????? :rolleyes:
my 69 will be my weekend toy and cruiser she has nothing left to prove
The 5thgen will be my daily "Toy" Driver ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
i got my 69 when i was 16 (1986) my first love was the 57 chevy belair but my cousin talked me into buying the 69 he had a 67 we painted them both red and added black spoilers.my camaro then

IMG]http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/BDCPRO/010.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have only owned 1 Camaro, but it has been with me since i got my license. Thats the one that turned me onto it. My 94' Z28, bought back in 02' from the orig owner with 19,000 miles for 9g. Little by little did some basic mods: k&n filter, edelbrok headers, magnaflow cat back, and Z06 rims. My only regret is gutting the cat, its such a pain in the ass for inspection now, but at the time I wanted as loud as possible, so now it mostly just comes out at night so the sticker can't be seen.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My dad's 69 z/28. That is what started it for me. I have never owned a camaro, because i have just recently found my niche and started having money to buy what i want. But his Lemans Blue with white stripe z/28 is what started it. I think i love that car more than he does. But I plan on getting a 1st gen here right after i get my 5th gen. Lol just gotta find time to go order it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I didn't own it, but the car that started the fire for me was my friend's '67 Z/28.
Yeah, one of the original 602 cars in '67... he got it as a high school graduation gift from his Dad (he didn't have an f'n cue what he had!!)
He invited me to take it for a "spin around the block" after having it for a couple of weeks...
This car was a total sensory overload for me at the time... HUGE acceleration... (couldn't get it outta 2nd in the city) ...sound beyond belief, instantaneous reaction to steering inputs... and a biatch to park 'cuz... teak wheel and all, it didn't have power steering!!
My buddy had to tell me to head for home after a 1/2 hour or so... I was totally enraptured with this experience...
Nevertheless, I was TOTALLY hooked - this was my kind of car!!
So I drooled for 30 years... and bought my '98 SS when I could finally afford it.
It's been a complete life-changer for me... first off all, because of the wonderful people who I've met over the years, as a result of my owning this car,,. and for all those who I can call "my friends", as a result of having in common, ownership of this incredible vehicle!
... and secondly, for this car to have allowed me to fulfill my life's dream - which was always to learn how to drive a car on a race track.
This car has NEVER let me down!

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me, it started in high school when I got a ride in a 70's firebird. The sensation of speed and being so low to the ground were unforgettable. When my dad and I went looking for a car to learn to drive in, we found an '81 Berlinetta. Charcoal gray, T-tops, 305 with quadrajet. It was 11 years old in '92 but it still looked great. I drove it for a little more than a decade, and decided to sell it rather than rebuild it. My next car was a restored and modified '80 camaro. Originally a V6 Berlinetta, it had an early 70's 350 out of a pickup, with a Holley 4-barrel, headers and dual exhaust. The nosecap was off of an RS, and the hood and wheels were Z28. I drove her for three years before I had to accept that the constant maintenance needs of such an old (and modified) car made for a poor daily driver. That was 2005 and I bought my first new car, a Mustang GT. Now, it is time to return to the cars that I first fell in love with. Black 2SS with sunroof on order. Hurry up and build mine, GM!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I never owned a Camaro until o ordered this one either. My inspiration came from my brother. I was 14 and he was 17. He told me to jump into mom's station wagon because he needed my help. We proceeded to drive out into Indian Hills (some open land with dirt roads) we pulled up to a bare 283 small block. My brother brought along a broom stick handle and shoved it through the piston holes. We lifted it up onto the tailgate and brought it home. My brother mostly and I built that engine from ground up and placed it inside a 67 Camaro SS. I remember the first day my brother cranked it up and pressed on the gas pedal. I was awe struck. I loved that car. My brother wrecked it 2 months later and ended up having to sell the engine. I always knew then that someday I would own my own. Thanks Chevrolet for making my dreams come true!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My love for these cars started a few years ago. Back in high school I got into sportscars... although nothing muscle. I actually used to be more into the compacts (I loved old muscle cars, but I couldn't afford any one of those). At the time I was stuck with a crappy sunfire sedan with no options, so I started hunting for a new car, just something cool, but definitely cheap. I happened to wander onto a lot looking at, of all things, a miata (I was going to upgrade it for road-racing/autocross). Anydangway, after the miata I turned and saw a Silver 96 Camaro, just a 3.8, 5 speed car. I got into it and it just felt right, I love the look of the car and the feel of that drivers seat. In reality that one was horrible, no options, engine problems etc. but I was hooked. So I started seaching... I looked at nearly every V6 Camaro in my hometown (I looked at V6s for insurance reasons) I finally found my RS. The ad only said it was a V6 Coupe with under 100k miles... turned out to be a sweet fully loaded 97 RS- t-tops, leather, premium sound, etc. Fantastic car! It really started my love for the f-body, then add in all of the awesome people that I've met, friends I've made, and just the awesome culture these cars have created and I'm set...

Camaro owner for life!:thumbsup:
:rock5thgen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st Car was '69 Camaro Senior year 1977 in high school (350 engine, automatic). Best friends both had Camaros ('67 Coupe and '67 Convertible, both manual 4 Spds). One of their Dad's had a '68 Z28 and still has it. My brother had a '70-71 Camaro with the split front bumper. Friend still has the '67 Convertible. Did short block rebuild of the 350 engine. Added headers, dual exhaust, Corvette manifold,, Holly Carb, quick-shift kit and spoiler to the '69. Fun car! Sold in 1980. Wish I still had it.

Owned a '78 Z28 for 10 years.

Currently own a 2015 SS 6 Spd manual. Another really fun car!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts