Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I browse the Challenger forums just to see what we'll have to compete with. From what I see, some of these guys really haven't a clue. That's good for us! :cool:

I wouldn't do the headers If I were you. I've heard that our stock ones are very descent. Now, before anyone get's pissed off, let me say that it doesn't mean you won't get an increase in HP if you upgrade, I just have heard from several mechanics it won't be significant. However, the other mods, cams, diablo tune, and PPP will give a lot of boost. I had ported heads (just the tops, not inards) and it was a big gain in my opinion. I can only imagine doing both inards and outards(new words of the day) will be very awesome. Definitely let us know what you think and get that badboy dynoed! :)

MoparRules
- "several mechanics" say headers won't provide any gain
- "cams" (plural; as in "multiple")
- "Inards and Outards" of head porting

:rotflmao:

Disclaimer: This is all out of fun! ;)

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
The guy who posted that is prolly some redneck that still use the tree in the backyard as an engine lift, or he just some general forum dumbass.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And then you can take it Road America at Elkhart Lake, WI and RACE IT!!! I heard they corner AWESOME!
OUCH!

On their defense... I know they're not all like that. There are plenty who really do know what their talking about. With anything, you'll get those new guys who are learning (I was there once and I'm still learning). Fortunately, sites like these can help them out when they need info to modify their new sports car. Hopefully, we catch them before they start spewing info like that!

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
OUCH!

On their defense... I know they're not all like that. There are plenty who really do know what their talking about. With anything, you'll get those new guys who are learning (I was there once and I'm still learning). Fortunately, sites like these can help them out when they need info to modify their new sports car. Hopefully, we catch them before they start spewing info like that!
Ill have internet flamethrower in one hand and painstick of truth in the other.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
OUCH!

Exactly, there are those 'members' for every type if ride out there :cool:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
When I was looking at Performance upgrades for the RAM, headers and exhaust were very much not recommended. Without dyno numbers, I knew of a couple of guys that put headers and an exhaust and, IF they gained HP, it didn't matter to them because they lost torque. They did get better gas mileage though.

Also, the Hemi's don't take cam upgrades well. You pretty much have to plan on new rockers and springs with any lumpier cam.

The new "Hemi" (which is actually a "Poli") is not a very modable motor.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
There are a lot of people that don't know or are learning...the difference is, the smart ones keep their mouths shut, and can keep their inards and outards to themselves. :D

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I was looking at Performance upgrades for the RAM, headers and exhaust were very much not recommended. Without dyno numbers, I knew of a couple of guys that put headers and an exhaust and, IF they gained HP, it didn't matter to them because they lost torque. They did get better gas mileage though.

Also, the Hemi's don't take cam upgrades well. You pretty much have to plan on new rockers and springs with any lumpier cam.

The new "Hemi" (which is actually a "Poli") is not a very modable motor.
You may be right as I don't know a lot about these new Chrysler engines. What I do know is that what makes the person stating this exhaust info much less credible is he's talking about doing "cams" and "inards and outards" of his engine. We all know there is only one camshaft and as for the "inards and outards", I think we're all lost! :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
There are a lot of people that don't know or are learning...the difference is, the smart ones keep their mouths shut, and can keep their inards and outards to themselves. :D

That's definately this guy right here! As much as I love cars my knowledge of the actual inner workings is extremely limited. I know what does what, and how to fix it. But when it comes to modding them you'll get the :confused: look.

I can build you a stellar computer that'll smoke just about anyone, though!

·
Registered
544 Posts
HEY! I know to keep my mouth shut when it comes to the technical stuff! :lol: You live, you learn, and learn, and learn, and.....well, you get it :D

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
They should look into DEI for significant HP gains.

:rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

Wouldn't that change a Hemi into a "Full" (spherical) engine, though? :D

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
oh god. I remember that thread. That thread will go down in internet history.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts