Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos running Mid
Whos running Prem
With these high FREAKING gas prices in your V8?? I filled up today with Mid @ 3.549 per gallon.....

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
I've got LT"s & tune so I have to keep Premium in the tank, but even if I was still stock I'd still put premium in as it runs better and get the best gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
I have used nothing but Shell V Power in mine and notice that all Shell stations are not the same. The best Shell V Power Premium near you is at the corner of Harwood and Norwood drive in Bedford.

You need to reset your fuel octaine tables and use nothing but the best from now on, yes it is a little more expensive but at 13 or so gallons even at .20 cents per gallon more...thats just pocket change.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I will run the ZL1 on 93. I'm planning on a pulley kit and tune. I'm going to have them tune for hopefully 3 settings if it can be done. 1) Wet/milage for wet weather(duh) and long highway cruising. 2) Sport for more intense twisties and stuff, 3) Track for rip your head off what is MPG? :eek:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thnx Yall and @ jwd thats hurst i drive right by that station on my way home from work..today they were 3.539 just for reg unleaded...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used nothing but Shell V Power in mine and notice that all Shell stations are not the same. The best Shell V Power Premium near you is at the corner of Harwood and Norwood drive in Bedford.

You need to reset your fuel octaine tables and use nothing but the best from now on, yes it is a little more expensive but at 13 or so gallons even at .20 cents per gallon more...thats just pocket change.
Mine is 15 gallons and ill have the hubby reset fuel octaine tables..i think he has done it obce before.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Whos running Mid
Whos running Prem
With these high FREAKING gas prices in your V8?? I filled up today with Mid @ 3.549 per gallon.....
This is the subject that got me banned from the other site. I have an A6-L99 and I will use nothing but Sunoco 93 in it. If you use a lesser gas, you will de-tune your V-8. A fuse pull will bring it back though. Here we go again. If you want lower gas prices, you must vote in November. There is a guy trying to get re-elected that with a Presidential executive order, stopped the Canadian pipeline. He would rather have us held hostage by the Arabs. For lower gas prices, he must be voted out and sent back to Chicago. If you remember after Hurricane Katrina, all that George W. Bush had to do to get the prices down was to threaten to drill our own. Opec knows that if we don't need their oil, their billions of dollars will literally dry up. Here's hoping that this does not get me banned here.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I use regular because that's what my car calls for...and it sounds like the OP should have gotten a V6 if the cost of gas is that important. Using midgrade in an SS will not only reduce your gas mileage...it will reduce your available hp and what's the sense in buying a car with all that hp just to restrict it with cheaper gas? [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I use 87 grade. But I have a V6 and that what it calls for. As far as the brand of gas. I use Quicktrip brand.

As a side note. In Austel, Ga is were the main terminal for gas lines from the gulf refineries. You will see all the major brands like Chevron, Shell, Quicktrip and etc tanker trucks getting the gas for the Atlanta area stations. I don't buy into this "brand is better than that one" blah. I look at the station itself. If it is well maintained station, the less likely for crap gas. But they all victim it outdoor elements of weather. Personally, I have seen gas stations with major band for the gas. But I would not want put there gas into my lawn mower.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is the subject that got me banned from the other site. I have an A6-L99 and I will use nothing but Sunoco 93 in it. If you use a lesser gas, you will de-tune your V-8. A fuse pull will bring it back though. Here we go again. If you want lower gas prices, you must vote in November. There is a guy trying to get re-elected that with a Presidential executive order, stopped the Canadian pipeline. He would rather have us held hostage by the Arabs. For lower gas prices, he must be voted out and sent back to Chicago. If you remember after Hurricane Katrina, all that George W. Bush had to do to get the prices down was to threaten to drill our own. Opec knows that if we don't need their oil, their billions of dollars will literally dry up. Here's hoping that this does not get me banned here.
Only problem with your statement is that we don't get oil from the Arabs. Most of our oil is shipped from either Canada or Mexico. Our gas surplus last month allowed us to actually export gasoline! Gas prices are decided by many more things than a pipeline and where we're drilling that day. So, if you're your basing your vote on just one thing, that's pretty much tunnel vision.

·
Registered
68 Posts
93 here,either Shell V-Power or Sunoco

·
Registered
99 Posts

I have to use premium in the truck because of the supercharger. I learned a long time to watch Shell gas, some Shell stations in the D/FW area dont sell Shell gas, find one you know does and stick to it.

Too bad there are no Sunoco stations here, theirs is best.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts