Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just posting a SCAMMED car I wanted was just wondering what car everybody wished they would have gotten but for some reason didn't or couldn't? I know I said only one but I got 2 cars I regret.
The first being about 2 weeks ago could have had my hands on
98 Supra twin turbo 6spd with 60000 miles for $5000 - did not have the money not as big of mistake as the one below. I will FOREVER regret not getting it.

About 8 years ago when my husband & I were dating for about a year he wanted a
COMPLETE RUNNING 69 Mach 1 Mustang for $1000- I doubt I will ever live it down. I forever regret it. I am not into Ford's but I would take a 69 Mach or the new 2007 GT500. I wish I would not have been so stubborn as we would have been sitting on a gold mine. ****!!!

Instead we got 89 Pontiac Firebird 305HO which my husband got his first DUI. His account of the night worth reading for a good laugh:
I was in my 87 305 HO running from the cops DRUNK in the rain, actually getting AWAY through 4 counties, adrenaline pumping when I could not see red & blue lights anymore when all of a sudden the guardrail jumped out and took me for a 120 foot ride. I spun around and the other guardrail on the other side picked up the slack & took me for another 50 foot ride. LOL. I am thankful I did not get hurt nor anybody else for that matter. My car pretty much had a slight guardrail indentation down the car from one bumper to the other on BOTH sides. I did not have the heart to keep it as it reminded me of the **** jumping guardrails so I gave it to my brother who drove it like that for a full year until I took it back from him fixed most of it & sold it. It was a lesson learned & I will NEVER drink & drive again, We all do stupid **** sometimes we get away with it sometimes things just jump out & smack us into reality. Oh the cops got me after hitting the guard rail slid between 2 cop cars back onto highway a few more miles when my car finally ran out of gas just as I was about to loose them AGAIN. ****. What is really messed up this is all true I am sitting here laughing now but at the time it was not funny. I got pretty banged up bouncing off the doors and windshield. That next day I was sore. Boys & girls you got to be careful driving them in the rain but when you are drunk it is FAR more dangerous. Do not drink & drive. I lost a very impressive 305HO due to my stupidty, not to mention my license for the previous 2 years & next year.
Can't wait to hear your stories. Maybe if I would have got the MACH 1 my husband would have never got his DUI, but would have, should have, could have does not change what happened. Happy Holidays.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Two big mistakes: One was not buying what I thought was way overpriced 1989 Pontiac Turbo TA. I visited the dealer several times. The dealer just wouldn't budge.

The second was/is the neighbor's 69 Shelby GT500 428CJ. The car has sat in storage since around 1971. It has only around 40k original miles. It has shared the barn with a 1969? Corvette, 2 Mach 1s, an old restored pick-up and some Al Capone like car since I was a kid. Strangely, a 427 powered Galaxy 500 has been sitting outside, rusting in the elements.:confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 Really nice cars.Obviously LOVE the T/A!!!! Love the GT500. Sweet rides. Why couldnt you still get GT500? They know what they got & want an arm & leg for it? We already tried offering somebody cash for a barn car. Maybe a mile from my house everyday for the past 7 years I see a complete red 70 Barracuda. Don't know the guy but seen him out the one day & had cash on hand. Offered him $5000 6 years ago, he told me no his son had finally got an engine for it & was going to start to restore it. 6 years later car has not been touched or moved at all. I am tempted to go offer them more money if I ever get money to play with again. Thanks for the reply. Shenna

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Thanks for the new classified site www.dealsonwheels.com
that is a nice Trans Am. She looks like she was WELL maintained.
No problem, it's an awesome site. I go there semi-regularly to look at various vehicles. There is a black 69 firebird 4spd 400CI I want, badly :(.
Well, there WAS one on there.

I'd take this one, too:
http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detail.aspx?id=000614-200710-000003

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
2 Really nice cars.Obviously LOVE the T/A!!!! Love the GT500. Sweet rides. Why couldnt you still get GT500? They know what they got & want an arm & leg for it? We already tried offering somebody cash for a barn car. Maybe a mile from my house everyday for the past 7 years I see a complete red 70 Barracuda. Don't know the guy but seen him out the one day & had cash on hand. Offered him $5000 6 years ago, he told me no his son had finally got an engine for it & was going to start to restore it. 6 years later car has not been touched or moved at all. I am tempted to go offer them more money if I ever get money to play with again. Thanks for the reply. Shenna
The owner ONLY wanted $40k for it a few years back. I have no idea what it is worth today. One of the Mach 1s was taken out by the guy's wife to drive to work one day. It got door dinged. She got a new car the next day.

I've found a Charger 500, looooooow mile 396 1967 Camaro (owner killed in Vietnam), GS 455, and dozens of other decent muscle cars. I regret several missed opportunities. I still see sitting classics when I go cruising, I just don't stop any more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The owner ONLY wanted $40k for it a few years back. I have no idea what it is worth today. One of the Mach 1s was taken out by the guy's wife to drive to work one day. It got door dinged. She got a new car the next day.

I've found a Charger 500, looooooow mile 396 1967 Camaro (owner killed in Vietnam), GS 455, and dozens of other decent muscle cars. I regret several missed opportunities. I still see sitting classics when I go cruising, I just don't stop any more.
I dont think I will ever regret not buying a car as much as the 69 Mach 1 for $1000. It was an old ladies car. Looked alot better then what I see now for sale for crazy money, I could still kick my own butt. I bet the Charger 500 was sweet too. You got good taste in cars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I regret not buying a new 2000 Civic Si I test drove to be a daily driver. I walked because they would not budge off MSRP.

I regret it because I could have driven the car for 3 or 4 years and lost very little money on it.

Oh well...
Got to agree with you on that. I own 93 4Runner have owned it for 8 years and it is still worth almost what I paid for it. Also own 94 Honda Accord which I could sell now with the work into for 3 times what I paid. I love my 3rd Gen's but I also love my imports. they hold there value unbelievably. Happy Holidays. thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I dont think I will ever regret not buying a car as much as the 69 Mach 1 for $1000. It was an old ladies car. Looked alot better then what I see now for sale for crazy money, I could still kick my own butt. I bet the Charger 500 was sweet too. You got good taste in cars.
I did pass on a '74 SD 455 Trans Am. Another mistake now that I look back.

The guy was asking $5,500 (years ago) ****, it would haul @ss.

I earn a modest living and just never had the cash to make/justify many of the buys. Now that I know better, I could of financed the purchases and made a bundle if I held on to them long enough.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did pass on a '74 SD 455 Trans Am. Another mistake now that I look back.

The guy was asking $5,500 (years ago) ****, it would haul @ss.
My husband said thats a **** shame. LOL. It makes the other regrets minimal. If only we could go back in time. ****. I'm mad that I did not have the chance to get it. that is a car you probably will never be able to get below 6 figures today. that was a steal even then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I can relate. I am ALWAYS looking for cars. I hate when I find a good deal and don't got the money. Oh I just came up with a new thread. I am going to go post it.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
My parents gave me me their extra car (mom got a new one) in April of last year (2006), just as I was planning to take a financial dip and get a 2nd-gen Toyota MR2 Turbo. As glad as I am about not having to spend a dime on a car, part of me wishes that I had gotten that MR2 back then.

Maybe then I wouldn't be sitting here almost depressed about driving my mom's old car. :BangHead:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have bought most everything I have wanted. I regret that. Does that count?

I only regret that I financed a lot of cars and wished I'd have been more patient and paid cash.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A 68' Camaro white with blue interrior, had a 350 with a 3spd. 70k original miles. this really old lady owned it. it was only 8k too that was like 2 years ago.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
2001 grey tran ams; M6. bone stock. Black leather interior, t-tops.

Its was in my price range; but had to much heart into my car now.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
My parents gave me me their extra car (mom got a new one) in April of last year (2006), just as I was planning to take a financial dip and get a 2nd-gen Toyota MR2 Turbo. As glad as I am about not having to spend a dime on a car, part of me wishes that I had gotten that MR2 back then.

Maybe then I wouldn't be sitting here almost depressed about driving my mom's old car. :BangHead:
Hey, I almost got stuck with a 91 Tempo..with thick smoke film and cigarette ashes inside. Consider yourself lucky. :p Even if it IS a stinky Toyota ;).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
My now father-in-law was leaving the country back in 1990. He had a 1982 Corvette, red, with 8000 miles on it. All he wanted was $10k to pay off the loan he had taken on it. I was 18, and couldn't come up with the money. That thing was never driven in the rain. He sold it to a buddy of his, who didn't take good care of it, and still tried to sell it 5 years later for $15k. That's my only bad missed purchase. I've got plenty of bad real purchases, though....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts