Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored.. saw this on another forum, thought what the hell, why not?

So what were you into before you got into autos, and why you got into autos!

I was into anything with wings.. I could pick any plane out of the sky and identify it by the time i was 4 or 5, and knew i wanted to go to a military academy when i was 6 or 7; but my dad quickly fixed that by getting me a go-kart at 7 or 8 years old.. by the time i was in middle school, i met some kid who'd lived in Britain for 5 years who did nothing but talk about cars, (one of my best friends now), next thing i knew that was all we cared about, went to the vette show at carlisle for the first time when i was 14, but i was hooked on vettes long before that :lol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
before I touched a car I learned and loved guns!! but ever since I got my 1st car left the guns alone. :D Still know more about guns then cars but working on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Possibly computers, and I still am. I've been into cars since I was a little kid though. BMWs are a more recent obsession; I used to be all GM, mostly Oldsmobile. However, up until the 5th gen, most domestics have left much to be desired in built quality. The 3rd gen f-bodies, which I really looked into during my year in high school, are also very slow and plagued with reliability problems. I never liked the 4th gens as much and I'm certainly not going with ford :p So I eventually ended up with my 540i/6 which put down 30 whp more than a 2003 Mustang GT with an exhaust at the same dyno. I certainly wouldn't turn down a terminator.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I was into music and playing the guitar. I still enjoy music and have my guitar, but I don't play anymore. I had a whole row of effects pedals, played in the high school talent show, had a casual band, etc. Then I found the joy of Camaro.

Actually, when I was 16, I had money saved up for one of two things: an IROC-Z or a Marshall full stack. I went with the IROC and the rest is history.

This isn't mine, just a picture I found online. Mine has EMG's instead of the jackson hums:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Don't lie thed We all know you were into drugs before cars just like CSSM and Adam

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
My Mother ? :lol: I had no choice to like cars my Dad is a retired Military Vet and builds 55,56 and 57's from the ground up and sells them.
There was always a hotrod around my house so I had to buy one also. I just didnt expect to find the one like I did.

Besides Cars im a FOOTBALL FANATIC

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
been into cars since I was a baby pretty always played with cars and nowwith my 2 year old I still do. I remember having an anniversary 3rd gen metal toy in black and white wish I still had it The onlything I can say is sports teh Yanks and Planes

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Was always into hockey. Got into cars when I was old enough to drive. I bought a 69 Camaro off my cousin for 1500 bucks and my father and I did a learn as you go resto. Not the best job but we had fun. Been into cars ever since at present the new camaro is around my 38th car. Its also the colors of the Philadelphia Flyers!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Little League Baseball - and all things baseball. Although I do remember watching ABC's Wide World of Sports quite a bit. They covered NASCAR back then, so while not cars specifically, racing was cool. My favorite cartoon was/is Speed Racer (the origninal).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Dubbya dubbya two solider...

Yeah, really loved the stuff. Especially aircraft. That evolved into mobile armor; and then cars.. natural evolution. Then I asked about the old cars to my mom and dad at around ten and then got a bible full of stories of 6cyl 69 camaro runs, 76 stripper I6 Camaros.. and my dad's 79 Z/28.

And I've been a camaro man ever since.. just couldn't justify a purchase as a first or second vehicle to the 'rents who were buying them. :(

It's also why I'm working my FAA liscenses. I love engines.. and I love av gas exhaust. Y'all should try it sometime.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dirt bikes. Got my first when I was 6 a 78 Rm 50. Raced Moto x till I was 18. Wish I never quit!!! Was always into cars though, got a Mustang Gt after high school and had it for 10 years!! I'v had a few street bikes too. Still miss those Moto x days.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I was born right into cars and trucks. Not something I chose, just most baby boys get cars and trucks and baby girls get dolls and other stuff. I grew up playing car games on playstation and collecting hot wheels.

It wasn't until middle school that I faded away and turned super nerd. I played MTG religiously, and went year and a half unbeaten playing anywhere from 5-10 games a day until I just stopped. Around 8th grade I got into guitar, played in a few bands and enjoyed the early years of highschool. Got a license and couldn't get into the whole tuner scene...now I'm here.

·
Registered
720 Posts
always, always, always, into guitars....and i still am to this day...my collection continues to expand...i just built number 15 ;) ...(my Gretsch count is at 3)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I was born right into cars and trucks. Not something I chose, just most baby boys get cars and trucks and baby girls get dolls and other stuff. I grew up playing car games on playstation and collecting hot wheels.

It wasn't until middle school that I faded away and turned super nerd. I played MTG religiously, and went year and a half unbeaten playing anywhere from 5-10 games a day until I just stopped. Around 8th grade I got into guitar, played in a few bands and enjoyed the early years of highschool. Got a license and couldn't get into the whole tuner scene...now I'm here.
Barbies AND Hotwheels here LOL I still have my 4th gen Camaro hotwheels, it was my fav =)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was into soccer, but for some reason i stopped. Then i remember when my dad bought his 2001 Silverado and i fell in love with it. I was into trucks at first, you know, jeeps, hummers, pick ups and now im into cars.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Drums and percussion. That is still my #1 passion. Playing baseball and surfing was something I did for several years. I also collect Star Wars toys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts