Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I drive my GTO all four seasons. I've really been wracking my brain about how I'm going to swing a new Z28 a drive it every day. I just can't do it! I'm assuming the price will be 40-45k which means I could not afford a 2nd car (and I'm not going to ruin the Camaro). I also won't have any money left to modify it.

So what I have decided to do is go with the SS (cam, exhaust, gears) and buy a daily driver. Some may laugh, but that driver will be a HHR. I went and test drove one a couple weeks ago and I liked it a lot. It wouldn't be too enjoyable as my only car, but as a DD, it will be very useful. It has a lot of room, gets great mileage, and I like the retro look. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger this week considering the 0% for 72 months...

What other cars will you all have in the driveway?

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Camaro will be daily driven from March thru November just like my 4th Gen. :)
Maybe now that I have a better 2nd car I may leave the Camaro at home on some rainy days.

The GTP will continue to serve as the winter car from Thanksgiving until mid-March.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 1995 Honda Prelude that I currently beat the crap out of, and I have cheap insurance on it so I'm going to drive that in the winter or if gas gets totally out of control. My plan is to drive the honda on crappy days, but its going to be hard to resist a 400hp+ Camaro, on any day

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My wallet only has room for one...

The Camaro will be my DD, yes, even in the winter. :eek:
wow...being that you live in Florida, that's REALLY tough.

My current DD is a Trailblazer I6...I love 4wd for the winter and need the size to haul the family and for work (technically it's my "company" car...one advantage of being self-employed:D). By the time my 5th gen gets here, the trailblazer will be paid off...so that's staying for a while. My camaro will be a weekend/nice day car.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
my duramax silverado with 310 k miles on it lol takes a beatin and just keeps going...actualy one the torque on the motor finaly reached 925 the Alison trany died NOW ITS ATS.....any who its a great truck that smokes stock v8 mustangs and even some modded.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Current Daily driver is a 04 Ram Hemi. Depending upon the price of gas, the Camaro might be my daily driver. I will cross that bridge when I get there. (Although the HHR at 0% for 72 months is tempting as a second car)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow...being that you live in Florida, that's REALLY tough.
Exactly what I was thinking :rolleyes:

Funny you mention your TrailBlazer. I was dead-set on one until the gas starting going up. I also realized that winters here in the DC area are just dustings compared to what I was used to in Central PA.

When I need a 4wd vehicle, I'll probably get an Avalanche.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Mine will be a definite DD. The only time I don't drive my Vette now is when I have to take my 2 kids somewhere, or when it snows. So the Camaro will get more duty than the Vette. But snow and Lowe's trips will still bring out the truck...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking :rolleyes:

Funny you mention your TrailBlazer. I was dead-set on one until the gas starting going up. I also realized that winters here in the DC area are just dustings compared to what I was used to in Central PA.

When I need a 4wd vehicle, I'll probably get an Avalanche.
I like my Trailblazer...I get 20mpg on the highway which isn't too bad compared to other SUV's it's size. Not worth getting something else for better MPG unless I downsize a bit. BUT, with the current gas prices, you could probably get a great deal on a TB-SS which is tempting.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
The wife and I have the Grand Am and the Malibu for DD duties. The wife is wanting to get the G8 GT or GXP as a Malibu replacement. I'll keep going with the Grand Am until it turns into a pile of rust.

I'd also like to start driving the GTO more often. I work with alot of chemicals, so until that changes it's my "day off" car.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know, I realized that if I drive these cars every day, I get very bored. I was bored with my GTO only a couple months after owning it. The best thing to do is get a DD... or continuously modify the Camaro :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 1993 Geo Prism that I drive everyday so that RS and SS can sleep all day and night~!

·
Registered
50 Posts
POWERFREAK; You might want to keep your TB. My TB/SS gets 14MPG on a good day.

I was thinking of possibly selling my TB/SS, but it is AWD and helps during the winter months in Chicago. And since my Z06 blows in rain and snow, I was thinking I might sell it too? With that said, the 5th Gen Camaro will not be a year-round DD, regardless. So if I sold both, I would probably buy a new HHR Panel. (for those of you in the Chicago area, I commute from Bartlett to O'Hare three times a week).

And as for the wife, she has a Corvette and I have no clue what she will do come winter? But she only commutes a mile or two from the house, to the train station.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Ill alternate between my current Mustang GT and 2010 Camaro SS. Ill get a beater DSM once business picks up.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since 54 has been reviving the past, so will I...

My fiance and I bought our "daily driver" this past December. It's a Certified 07 TrailBlazer LS 4wd. After more serious consideration of the HHR, we both realized how dorky we'd be driving it around :D In all honesty, the HHR just didn't have enough room for traveling and we wanted 4wd for our trips to visit family in PA. It's also nice to have a vehicle that I can hitch a trailer to. Yay for BOF SUV's :cool:

So, has anyone made any similar changes to their daily drivers?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I use the Z28 to get to school, and when my GTA is fixed up a bit, I'll drive that to work so it will blend in with everything else.

I drive the Z28 in winter, sometimes I drive my mom's tracker but you can't beat a V8. A 1978-1987 Regal with a Chevy 305 would be cool for a DD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My new SS is going to see alot of time in the garage. Its only coming out for sunday afternoons in the spring and summer. The less miles I put on it the better. I plan on having it forever, and keeping it all original. My daily driver is a 1999 Silverado. Probably get a newer silverado 2500 HD with the duramax, 4 door, for a daily driver after the camaro gets paid off. Then make my 99 a mud run truck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts