Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What parts of the concept do you think will actually make it into production? I read somewhere that the instrument panel won't stay (kinda hard to look at for me, anyway). But I hope they keep the gauges on the console..those things look sweet. I also heard the billet-aluminum shifter won't stay. Which makes me sad, cause that thing is awesome. Heard the aluminum pedals are out, too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Hopefully the overall shape/look of the car will stay.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Instrument panel will change to more normal looking gauges.
There will be a HUD containing the secondary gauges, and console gauges should be available as optional redundant gauges.
The shifter may end up being trimmed with billet, but won't be all billet, because it conducts heat too well and will burn the skin right off your hand on a hot day.
Same goes for the steering wheel. I'd expect leather-wrapped with maybe some billet trim for both.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Instrument panel will change to more normal looking gauges.
There will be a HUD containing the secondary gauges, and console gauges should be available as optional redundant gauges.
The shifter may end up being trimmed with billet, but won't be all billet, because it conducts heat too well and will burn the skin right off your hand on a hot day.
Same goes for the steering wheel. I'd expect leather-wrapped with maybe some billet trim for both.
me likey :D haha

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I think the overall shape and idea will stay the same. I do have some guesses on what will go or change a little:

Exterior:
-the grille to be moved forward along with the headlight assembly to make the turn signals more visable from the side profile.
-taller roof
-bigger side mirrors
-bigger door handles
-reverse lights to be put somewhere

Interior:
-more convientional dashboard setup
-window mount rearview mirror

But just a guess. I biggest thing is the extremely deep grille and headlights. I like the look, but i think it will be pushed further out so that the turn indication can be seen.:confused:

·
Registered
313 Posts
guys, this is an official GM pic showing the production camaro!

as you can see, instead getting rid of the deep headlights, they have moved the turn signals to the other side of the headlamps!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
?????????

·
8,984 Posts
I see the hood looks the same, opening with a cowl!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Is it a clay mock-up or is it an actual working specimen?

·
8,984 Posts
That's clay, you can see he cnc arm to the left.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Maybe Im blind. It looks just like the concept during its design phase. Im not trying to put anyone down or anything, I just think it an old pic of the concept. I could be possibly wrong, but if it looks anywhere near the concept, i would be happy.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Wow, then. It looks just like the concept. Im having a hard time seeing the turnsignal thing in the pic. But im glad GM decide to listen to the public on this one and kept it basically the same. I just hope they do the same of the V8 choice.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
It looks like its keeping the halos?

Thanks for posting that pic. I had forgot all about it.
I made a comparison pic:

^ It looks like the lights were moved toward the outside more. Maybe the turn signal is on the inner side of the light.
Also there is another light on the side of the camaro concept, couldn't it be used as a turn signal?

differences I noticed besides that:
the grille area beside the headlight looks wider
the 3 slots on the bottom side of the bumper
the headlight looks slightly taller and more narrow.
area around the fog lights has a groove around the parimeter.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 70 Posts