Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife informs me that working at her company gives us the ability to get a GM supplier discount.

What is this?

How much will it save me when it's time for a new Camaro?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It gets you a price USUALLY better than invoice....

That amount will be determined if and when Chevy set pricing on the Camaro.

Oh...so you'd let us order one with the GM supplier discount? I just found out a few weeks back that the company I work for qualifies me for that. See......I told you I love you...in a manly sorta get me a cool car for GM supplier discount price kinda way.....LOLOLOL

Heretic

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Heretic, that's two posts from you plastering your love for Scotty all over the internet.

J/K, bud.....I think there's probably a line of guys waiting to give Scotty a big hug........after they get the keys of course.:D

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Heretic, that's two posts from you plastering your love for Scotty all over the internet.

J/K, bud.....I think there's probably a line of guys waiting to give Scotty a big hug........after they get the keys of course.:D
I must be doing my job then......but it's with help from above!

Maybe I should start a "Letters of love" campaign to the dealership - they know what I'm doing, but they rarely see all the work I do here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts

I have much love for anyone who doesn't try to screw me without a kiss....metaphorically speaking....LOL :rotflmao:

Heretic

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
The Employee Discount is better than invoice usually.

The Supplier Discount usually puts you between invoice and MSRP. Some dealers as mentioned will not accept the discount. I learned the HARD way the GM Extended Family credit card is the one to have. The regular GM card that they eagerly sign you up for is usually not "stackable" with the discount program.

One last note. I posted this in the lounge.

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7314

If you know a GM employee, you can get a GM EMPLOYEE Discount until August 19th. This is a great deal. IMO. I just got my authorization code and plan on getting a G8 GT for the wife this week for $600+ UNDER invoice.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

The Supplier Discount usually puts you between invoice and MSRP. Some dealers as mentioned will not accept the discount. I learned the HARD way the GM Extended Family credit card is the one to have. The regular GM card that they eagerly sign you up for is usually not "stackable" with the discount program.

If you know a GM employee, you can get GM EMPLOYEE Discount until August 19th. This is a great deal. IMO. I just got my authorization code and plan on getting a G8 GT for the wife this week for $600+ UNDER invoice.

I often wonder whats the point in having that GM Card if you cant use it.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I often wonder whats the point in having that GM Card if you cant use it.

Yeah, if you work smart you can get the dealer close or even lower than the Supplier discount anyway and then whip out the "Oh yeah, I have GM earnings I would like to redeem" after that. Then you will be sitting pretty good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's and "OLD" order form from the '87 IROC I bought. Granted I'm sure thing have changed a tad bit in "going on 22 years"..................

Destination charge was $414 back then, so you gotta add that on too!

Mine "stickered at $19933 and I got it for $16804. "Roughly" a 15.7% discount back then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, if you work smart you can get the dealer close or even lower than the Supplier discount anyway and then whip out the "Oh yeah, I have GM earnings I would like to redeem" after that. Then you will be sitting pretty good.
I sorta did that with a Ford X-plan on a car I bought back in 92. Got them to put in writing what they were giving me for my trade in and how much they were taking off the car....then I went oh yeah. I also qualify for X-plan. The salesman got up walked away and I overheard him talking to a sales manager and I caught....."because he was smart" and then he came back and well...I got like 3.5 grand off the car. LOLOLOL

So sad...too bad....buy buy.

Heretic

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I sorta did that with a Ford X-plan on a car I bought back in 92. Got them to put in writing what they were giving me for my trade in and how much they were taking off the car....then I went oh yeah. I also qualify for X-plan. The salesman got up walked away and I overheard him talking to a sales manager and I caught....."because he was smart" and then he came back and well...I got like 3.5 grand off the car. LOLOLOL

So sad...too bad....buy buy.

Heretic
If you have the discount, it should be mentioned up front. Keep in mind not all dealers may not honor it, or could have "supplemental dealer mark up". :BangHead:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

If you know a GM employee, you can get a GM EMPLOYEE Discount until August 19th. This is a great deal. IMO. I just got my authorization code and plan on getting a G8 GT for the wife this week for $600+ UNDER invoice.

WHOA!!! What you talking about, Willis?!?!?!

My GM card won't let met use the credit I've built up in addition to the Supplier discount?

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
WHOA!!! What you talking about, Willis?!?!?!

My GM card won't let met use the credit I've built up in addition to the Supplier discount?

Can anyone confirm this?
Yep. Confirmed. Depending on your GM card....the newer ones got away with the double dip. :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'm not sure about this, but I'm going to check it out. The finance guy at the dealership told me I could transfer my earnings from my "regular" GM card to the " Extended Family" card. The GM card gets 3% earnings while the "Extended Family" GM card earns 1%. You'll lose some earnings in the transfer, but at least you can use them.

Edit:

I think the 1st issue GM cards from when they originally started issuing them are still eligible. It's best to read up on earnings allowances and compatibility

1 - 20 of 29 Posts