Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats eveyone doing, in this bad time for money, to save for their car. i mean if they have to. ive been waiting for years for the Camaro. im working 2 jobs. i bartend at night and i work at another restraunt during the day. its so exausting. but with a house payment, bills, and school its pretty hard to save money. bit its worth it!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i didn't have to do too much for the 5th gen. just had to sell the 05 GTO.

when i was saving up for my Firehawk back in 2001, i was working 80 hours a week at 2 jobs and going to school... so i feel your pain. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I just need to find a decent job first. I have told my wife that a move will probably be in our future.

I was wanting to wait for a convertible right from the start. I feel that GM will get around to building it. I have worked 2 jobs before to pay bills and make ends meet, I just won't do it for another car.

I could sell a car or two and that might help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've been putting away just over 10% of each paycheck since October and I kept most of my yearly bonus and tax refund in my savings account.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Get new toy, sell one toy. I've had to sell my 2008 Harley Road King Classic for money to pay off the Camaro when it comes. Hate to sell it, but can't seem to put enough to keep them both. Don't like big car payments. Anyone looking for a nice Harley, the price it right.

·
Registered
63 Posts
eBay a kidney? Top Ramen for a few years? Who knows, but I'll be living a bit thinner with both a Camaro and the 69 Mach1. It beats an ex-wife....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nothing just writing the check, being an accountant in the Oil industry has been good to me. Hope everything works out for you and you can enjoy one.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I have about 2 grand saved up saved up so far, but I know I'm not even remotely close to getting one. I've made some sacrifices, but I know once I wrap my hands around the steering wheel and accelerate, it'll be worth all the hard work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i think ill be eating raman noodles for a while :) . its funny cause some of my friends that know how serious i am about my car are starting a fund for me! they gave it to me tonight at work. it had over $70 in it. i need a lot more

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nothing just writing the check, being an accountant in the Oil industry has been good to me. Hope everything works out for you and you can enjoy one.
I hear ya! It was a spectacular year last year in the oil business!! The last few years have been awesome!! However I am awaiting for the hopes of a z28. I dont know I am now considering just breaking down and getting a SS now lol. I have low will power with cars. If I get one it will be my eight this year lol. WOOHOO I am on a roll!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sold my Trans Am some sports memorabilia some car parts and advertisments on ebay,,for a second considered selling my 69 but then regained my sanity also made a paint bucket into a bank with a picture of my car on it and a diescast 2010 glued to the top ,,,
yep ive lost my freaking mind over this car,,,:5go:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
so whats eveyone doing, in this bad time for money, to save for their car. i mean if they have to. ive been waiting for years for the Camaro. im working 2 jobs. i bartend at night and i work at another restraunt during the day. its so exausting. but with a house payment, bills, and school its pretty hard to save money. bit its worth it!
At the rate I've been putting away for my downpayment (when I made my first order last October), I'll be able to pay cash for it when it finally arrives a year later. Lesson learned: DO NOT "PRE-ORDER" YOUR CAR FROM GM.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I sold my 06' 2500HD thursday, and will pretty much ride my motorcycle rain or shine for the next 3-4 months untill my car gets here. but it was worth it to be able to put down atleast $13k on the camaro.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts