Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have windows 7.

For some reason when I go to copy something, if I move past the text it is if I hit the back button or something. The page changes.

For example say I do a search on google and then I decide to change the search words. I might highlight some words and then the page goes back without me pressing anything. It does it almost every time I highlight something.

Is there a way to turn this off?

If it matters I'm using Microsoft wireless mouse 6000

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi Brandon! Long time. :D

Have you tried a different mouse on the same computer and had the same problem? If not, try switching mouses and see if that fixes it. It could be a physical issue with the mouse or a software issue with the mouse. I had a similar problem with an aging Macbook. The keyboard was the problem.

Yes, I'll admit it, Macs break too.

Start troubleshooting there. If that doesn't work, we'll move onto the computer.

Happy New Year btw.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. and happy new year:thumbsup:

I'll give it a try. My mouse has a back button on the side. I'm not pressing it, but it could be an internal problem and the mouse is pressing it inside or something. Also I never had software for the mouse until it just downloaded it on its own. It has always been I just plugged up the bluetooth dongle that came with it and it worked. I had no adjustments. Now there is software and it has adjustments, although I don't see any that would make it do what its doing. Now I just have to find another mouse to try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts