Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me personally I would have the ls-7 motor and take off the scoop in the headerpanel

·
Registered
863 Posts
Who says you won't get both?

You know we have NO details yet on the final car and what engines will be offered, etc.

I would bet my LIFE against the LS7 though, it will be replaced with something else by 2009. I think you'll see a supercharged 6.2L instead.

As for the scoop my guess is the V6 cars won't have it and the V8 cars will. Heck, maybe none of them will and it will scoop from the grille or the fender.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Take some of the weight out of the nose, the car looks to big and bulky. Lose the "ram air" scoop and add an RS/SS hide-away grill. Or at least do something with that nasty egg-crate grill insert. Tone down the interior just a little. I like the retro look in there though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interior is fine, idk why people are complaining. GM cars are not really known for their amazing interior design, so I think what the Camaro has makes it unique and different. Hood scoop must stay, maybe even bigger. Take the hood scoop off the V6, but the V8 need it to distinguish themselves for the V6, also it looks more bad ass. The wheels can't be 21inch thats for sure. What I would change is make the car a little more round in the nose and not come to a point, but I doubt they will change that

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
I would also bet against the LS7.
I'd also bet against the LS2.

The interior is awesome, I absolutely love those seats.
The dash layout/shape is fine, but the instrument panel/gauges need changing, and I'm sure they will be realistic in the production car.

I would love to see the projector/halo style headlights and afterburner style tail lights make production!!

But honestly, other than the instrument panel, gauges, and the need of a real radio, nothing much needs changing.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to see a retractable hard top like the ones on the G-6 and then I want to see what they do to the interior

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would also bet against the LS7.
I'd also bet against the LS2.

The interior is awesome, I absolutely love those seats.
The dash layout/shape is fine, but the instrument panel/gauges need changing, and I'm sure they will be realistic in the production car.

I would love to see the projector/halo style headlights and afterburner style tail lights make production!!

But honestly, other than the instrument panel, gauges, and the need of a real radio, nothing much needs changing.
good point on the seats they are awesome..

it just needs a mor modern instrument cluster, and center stack.. the whole dash really

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
That scoop is badass, I love it on the Z06 - no doubt that is where that idea came from.

As far as the exterior, I wouldn't change one thing.

I can see the fuel door making it to he side mounted vertically in the production version though.

Interior - I think it is too retro, too shiney. No doubt that will be detuned a little on the production version as well.
I would like to see a retractable hard top like the ones on the G-6 and then I want to see what they do to the interior
You don't want to add that type of weight and cost to this car IMO. Give me nice insulated soft top and I'm happy :D

I can see the interior looking more like this :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Different mirrors,and IMO the dooor handles,don't think they will hold up well in the real world.
modernize the dash.

·
Registered
16 Posts
cant give up my ideas, all I will say is when it goes through the final inspection the seats and the body will be modified.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the retro interior. They usually get worse from concept to production which i hate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Practical

Interior
Update the interior, the initial impression is the exterior. Put some twist on the new GTO interior and put that in the 5 gen. The retro interior is too old the exterior is rather timeless and was well executed.

Wheels
18/19 anything larger is first, not as common and more expensive. Anything at 20 or larger you are tweaking the suspension to offset the somewhat inferior ride that the larger wheels give you part of that being tire aspect ratio (sidewall height).

Wheel Well Openings
Sizing the wheel/tire at 18/19 may require proportioned wheel openings which in turn will drive the need to size the fenders and quarter panel height to beltline.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts