Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got my MRT 2.0 exhaust in and I want to weld them instead of just clamping them on (I heard that its better to weld them on), well long story short, what kind of price am i looking at, I know they vary, but whats fair? i have never had anything done as far as welding to my cars in the past so I am clueless on when I will be getting robbed. I have a 1lt v6 13' camaro

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't have any experience with the V6 Camaro...other than driving one as a rental for the 2 weeks my car was in the body shop.

But if it is similar to the SS then I suggest using the clamps instead of welding. I did my exhaust outside in my parking lot on the ground on my back. I bolted everything up and then had to go back and forth making sure it all fit properly. Once I tightened it all up I had no leaks at all. So I am pretty sure you will be fine with the clamps. On the other hand I have always had problems with welds. They don't last and start leaking at which point the exhaust has to be modified if it isn't shot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response- and yes, after much research I realized I am just going to stick with the clamps, b/c the last thing I would want is the welding to go bad and then having to replace the whole exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts