Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 01/11/2011 when the first convertible came out, only two years to go for the 10yr mark, the hole undertaking almost didnt happen.
Lets keep this thread open for topics an anything vert related topics please, thanks.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive just found out recently, GM made the tops different in 2017, the top pulls the back off of the back window area to allow the hard tonue cover to pull out, electrically.. as the top starts its stage of folding it self into the trunk area, once the top is fully set into its home the tonue cover locks it self into the area the old vinyl ones would cover (behind the back seats), making the hole process simple an much less of a hassle & loosing the tonue cover on the freeway/highways, Im sure the hole process is just as quick on older models, from videos I've seen, you can still drive a max of 30mph to set the top, up/down, I wouldnt recommend it, as the air pulls on the stiching /seals & im sure youll still want to not opererate the top in 60deg or lower temps, as it was recommended in older models as well, I believe it was for the hydraulics/oil in the cylinders.. Theres a lot done to the the sixth gen Camaros, like the heated stearing-wheel, air cooled seats & digital gauges, along w/color changing ambient-lighting, wished they would of done thicker strips to be brighter as they seam kind of gone in the daytime, also two or three colored HUD display would of been awesome as well & possably done the startup button (area) like the Lambos...lol

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, heres my problem with my new vert (2011 3.6L)... Finding new or used good shape parts for her & not break the bank, ill try to remember how to make a thread based on a parts list an what needs replaced, I guess for my "Toxic widdow", client wanted as the name for her..
Anyways, it needs almost everything in rubber or cloth, as both have been neglected.
I know its stupid for me to ask as im sure ive forgotten so much, will most of the interior match a SS or no, I cant remember if GM kept the same wiring harnis on all or made different ones for the V6, V8 an the ZL1, I know the motor harnis is different on each but why have different ones for the interior... For example like the ambient lighting or the stereo switchs on the steering.. Just wondering what upgrades I can do or get away with...lol

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
I can speak to the stereo switches on the steering wheel, as I had done that on my 2010 1SS. The wiring is in the steering wheel, but after installing the stereo switches you'd still have to bring it to dealer to reprogram the BCM so that it knows to look for the switches and allow control from them. I don't know about the other things you mentioned, sorry.

There is so much more tech in 6th gens that I'm leaving mine alone. Not doing any mods to my SS/1LE, she's perfect as is.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can speak to the stereo switches on the steering wheel, as I had done that on my 2010 1SS. The wiring is in the steering wheel, but after installing the stereo switches you'd still have to bring it to dealer to reprogram the BCM so that it knows to look for the switches and allow control from them. I don't know about the other things you mentioned, sorry.

There is so much more tech in 6th gens that I'm leaving mine alone. Not doing any mods to my SS/1LE, she's perfect as is.
I though so... Im pretty sure its the same for all 5th gens, id just like mine to be easier to drive an less hassle lol + if I can find a SS donor for parts, its a win....😁👍👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts