Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Just over 19 mpg on a 5 hour trip, no gunning it either. My mileage sucks. Maybe I need new heads and pistons.
my mileage has increased a little after the 4.10 gear install...maybe that's what you need. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I get around 19 - 20 mpg on long trips running 75 or so. How are you getting 26 mpg? are you going off the computer or actually starting with a full tank, recording miles driven and then seeing how much gas you have to put back in? 26 sounds too high for the LS3 depending on your speed.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Idling downhill in neutral at highway speeds. 99MPG, accelerating.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
On my vacation I had an 8 hour drive each way. On the way there, I got 24.5 (CAI, DT shorties, no muffs, Diablo Perf Tune) after getting the SC installed and dyno-tuned I got 27 on the way home! 75mph avg.

Of course when I am in the boost, things are very different! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
2 weeks after i got mine i got around 28 mpg and making sure i did not stay at a constant speed got over 500 miles on a tank of gas :thumbsup: Will get a better reading when i take it to Canada for the Oshawa meet and greet in August...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine also obtained 24 MPG on my trip from Michigan to South Carolina. And about the same on the return trip. Very happy with the 2SS LS3. Turned a lot of heads too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did a 415 mile run yesterday. Cruising at 70 got 25.7 MPG on the way there. Coming home was a little different. 80 to 85, got 23 MPG.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm getting 15.5 - combo highway and suburbs/stop and go. I've lost .2 mpg since last Friday when I had my Corsa Cat Backs put on. Ponderous, I tell you. Looks like I need to drive my Smart Car more often so my total "average" mpg goes up.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'm getting 15.5 - combo highway and suburbs/stop and go. I've lost .2 mpg since last Friday when I had my Corsa Cat Backs put on. Ponderous, I tell you. Looks like I need to drive my Smart Car more often so my total "average" mpg goes up.
Do you have an A6? I have a Corsa on and your mileage seems consistent with mine. I had one tune last October after the exhaust was instaled, but I'm thinking maybe I need another one!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I have a Corsa and LMR intake, gettin 16.4 on a daily 40 mile round trip. I don't have a tune yet so I'm still on the factory tune with the ECU adjusting to the changes. I'll be adding headers in about a month or so with a tune, I'll see where it goes from there. I'm ok with what I'm getting at this point, I spend more time at 15 MPH than I do at 70 MPH on my daily grind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TX SS - let me know how the headers sound with the Corsa. Have you decided on which header to get? Also, are you doing a shop tune or a hand held programmer tune?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts