• 60s - uh...Yenkos!

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • 70s - Pontiac SD455s, Boss 429s...

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 80s- Iroc-Zs, C4 Vettes, Fox Bodies

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 90s- LT1s, LS1s...Should I Go On?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 2000+ S197 Mustangs, LS3s, And...The 5th Gen!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Muscle Cars Suck! Dude, Do You See How Tall My Spoiler Is!?!?!?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan- The Best Thing To Come Out Of Japan Since Nintendo.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody has a certain era of cars that they prefer over others. Nothing can compete with big block 69 Camaros or Boss 429s, but I don't think they are for everybody. ;)

My favorite Era would be the 80s (The Dark Ages).

Why?

To me...My '92 Z28 (80s Design, 80s Tech...Shut Up) is my '69 Camaro. I'm able to drive it hard, beat on it...and it lasts. It's loud, the ride is crude, raw, brutal...and fun. If I ever bought a '69, I think I would be too scared to drive such a legendary car.... (I'm such a dork).

80s Stock power doesn't bother me at all...who keeps their car stock? :lol: And these cars are cheap, and great bang for your buck...and better pound for pound over imports imo (Sry TaZ :lol:).

What's Your Favorite Era? Give reasons why your picked that era and post pics of some good examples...I'll add some pics of my era later...

Peace

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a more general thread so we can talk about other generations and why people like the generations they voted for.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a huge fan of the 80s actually, I'm retro to all hell and back..or try to be. Music especially!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't remember the show really, I was into cars when I was little but I guess I never flipped on the TV at the right time. I remember watching KITT roll up into the trailer time after time...

I don't really regret though, that's what DVD collections are for, because I'm still here and liking what I like without the show. :)

EDIT: Growing up during the 90s was great...rugrats, double dare, goosebumps, that's some good sh1t right there. New stuff can't compare so I don't feel too cheated during my childhood lol.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
We all know 90s tv was the best nickelodeon was in its prime unlike today is crap thats when we had the best power rangers to date mighty morphin... I voted for muscle cars

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was a huge Power Ranger fan...huge!!! The original seasons were great. Another great thing from Japan. ;)

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I was a huge Power Ranger fan...huge!!! The original seasons were great. Another great thing from Japan. ;)
Dont forget the first season of Pokemon and the original game boy color games Classic. Nintendo 64 best system ever... the only good things from japan

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never got into N64, my bro had it though...I was a Playstation kid...

Pokemon...That's another story... :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
N64 was great, I still have like 50 games for it. I have to go with the 60's with cars though. I would pick 60-72 if I could. My gavorite 2 years have to be 69 & 70. 69 For the camaro and el camino, and 70 for the chevelle, charger, and barracuda, next would be 66/67 for the nova's and GTX

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
The only car i thought was awesome from the 1980s was the DMC Delorean My dad has one

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of the big reason I like 80s cars is because of those square headlights.

My Camaro, 79-86 Mustang, I think they give the car atitude.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Can't go wrong with that era.
Actually, you can.:lol:

I'm gonna have to say the 70's. They just had the best-looking and most iconic cars. (Besides the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Thunderbird, Superbird, Firebird and the maker of the Muscle-car era- the Pontiac GTO.)

Do I really have to elaborate? No, I'll just show you the pics of 3 of my dream cars from the early 70's.

They were much more refined than their past iterations and while not as fast- were still quick.

Then you get to the late 70's- They were nothing like what America was used to- fuel efficiency? we were like wtf is that?:lol: And this huge switch was made all of a sudden. It didn't work out well.

:angry::barf:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts