Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not jumping to conclusions but I do hope or it would be nice to see a wider tire under the car. The GTO's 17" have 245's and the 18" have 235's and they cannot hookup, off the line, to save their life. Although I do like the style

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, these are mule tires, but I agree. I want > 275s on it, at least for the rear.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes 20" is awesome.

And yes I am hoping for a 275 or bigger for the back

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The only drawback is the annual cost to replace the rear tires!!!:D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True but if it were a cheaper, smaller tire you would, I know I would, burn them alot more than the expensive tires. So it will prolly even out, for me at least.

·
Registered
129 Posts
a 20" performance tire... ive gotten for my trucks at about 200 a piece.

when i had 17s on it, i paid about 175 i think for a 275/45/17 rear. for 25 bux more i can get a 255/35/20 name brand not walmart

so as far as the cost of tires in concerned, itll all be about the same price.

but yes, at least a 275 or bigger rear wheel

315 anyone?

granted its a 17, but you get the picture

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Im sure wide tired will not be from the factory, nor staggered setups either (at least on the first year models, maybe on a Ls8 model). I could care less about if it has wider wheels/tires, but I do care if it can fit wider wheels/tires. That was the beef with the GTO; you had to roll fenders and strut rub issues. I like to fit at 315 on a 18 inch wheels on the car without having issues with rubbing on a launch. I dont see it being a problem if the prototypes are running 245s on a 20'' wheels. Hell, I think the car could stand to be lowered on 315s; but I still like to know how deep the fenders are.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I am glad to see a 28+" tall tire on the car. That will help with traction and hopefully bring some new drag tires to the market. I am hoping they keep that tall of a tire.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Looks like it can fit a wider tire than the GTO. The GTO's rear is practically sitting on the rear tires anyway wheras there Camaro looks to have clearance. Wish a 315 would fit on the new Camaros. I have them on my 4th gen with no issues. I did when it was lowered however without an adjustable PHR. Still hoping that either the suspension works better or the tires are a tad wider on the new Camaro. My GTO has 275's in the rear (yes they rub haven't had a chance to roll fenders yet) and I still can't launch off them with 400 HP, a 245 would not stand a chance in hell with more than 400 hp. Here's hoping that the high end models have something wider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts