Modern Camaro Forums banner

What Wheels/Rims do you prefer?

• Concept Coupe

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Concept Convertible

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Doesn't matter, I'm going aftermarket.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Doesn't matter, I'll take whatever is stock.

Votes: 3 10.3%

Wheels

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  LorcinLS1 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, I'm curious. I was just watching some Camaro vids, and decided I really like the Wheels on the Convertible the best.

Coupe Wheels:

Convertible Wheels:

Or, "it doesn't matter, I'm getting Aftermarket"

Or, "Wheels don't really matter to me, I'll take whatever they have".

See less See more
#7 ·
I like the silver concept's wheels, but not the best wheel for me. I believe I will go for an aftermarket 18x9/18x11 wheel in either a Chip foose black Nitrous wheels or a gunmetal C6 Z06 setup. But its all on what fits and what doesnt.

#9 ·
My personal opinion is the 21 and 22s are to big! Look at the cost of rubber! I really like the staggered look like some of the vettes have come with (Z06) but wideth in the back with 19s and 20s, or even 18s and 19s and I will keep the stock wheels till I run out of things to upgrade or spend money on. I don't like the kiddish trend of massive rims and 1 inch of rubber. Its not functional and that is what I'm looking for.

#10 ·
I totally agree. Take the GTO for example, they look better with the 17's instaed of the 18's cause they have more meat on them. Now i know the Camaro has bigger wheel wells and it does need bigger wheels and tires. I think 18's threw 20's. Preferably the 18's. The smaller rim size the bigger the tire=more meat under the car. Plus a slightly smoother ride.

#13 ·
Yeah, that's my plan, too. I need some nice looking stock ones for putting R-compound tires on for Autocrossing, and then I'll have some aftermarket for the street.

#17 ·
I'm a stock-wheel kinda guy. New wheels cost a lot..and are just for show. I rather spend the $$ doing functional things to the vehicle that do more besides just 'look good'. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.