Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon as I pick my Camaro I would like to possibly have a set of longtubes, exhaust, possibly a new air intake, etc. already sitting in my garage when I drive home from the dealer. Any word on when these are going to be out? Suppose they would have to have a mock up car to custom fab a few parts.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yeah, I'd MUCH rather wait and have everything fit right...even if I have to wait a year, especially with exhaust.

·
Registered
199 Posts
dont be surprised if you see a lot of parts at this years SEMA - the camaro is the featured car.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah it will probably be a couple months until things are perfected.
One big advantage is the existence of the Pontiac G8, which also resides on the Zeta chassis (though Camaro is really ZetaII).
A few differences and a few tweaks of existing G8 parts will turn them into Camaro parts, so I'm expecting those items to be ready the fastest.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Yeah it will probably be a couple months until things are perfected.
One big advantage is the existence of the Pontiac G8, which also resides on the Zeta chassis (though Camaro is really ZetaII).
A few differences and a few tweaks of existing G8 parts will turn them into Camaro parts, so I'm expecting those items to be ready the fastest.
i got to see a nicely moded one on sat it was at a local car meet and the guy who owned it is a g8 fourm owner... kool guy he tried telling me about the camaro....hahaha i started telling him about it and he was like oh, ya, and i heard that... told him to check out 5thgen:5go: and this that and the other

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My vote is like the others. Keep an eye on the SEMA event. Of course, buying long tubes today would sorta be consdered either forward thinking or completely insane since you can't even get the car yet!

But by next year when the convertible is out, THEN there should be plenty of aftermarket parts for it. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I smell an LS9 package from the factory...

PURE SPECULATION!! :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What info do you have on the performance package?
nothing specific... just a post from GM performance parts that they're in the works of trying to setup a factory installed package. the manger already mentioned that they have aftermarket parts available for instance hot cam, heads, etc. that won't void the warranty :roxor:

...they're doing a motor swap for SEMA... some say 572!?!?!? :drool:
...not possitive if that's what it's gonna be but for sure look for a lot of parts to come out there :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
the manger already mentioned that they have aftermarket parts available for instance hot cam, heads, etc. that won't void the warranty :roxor:
that would be VERY cool. I'm sure it'll be over-priced, but worth it in the sense that your warranty is intact...as long as you don't plan on doing other warranty-voiding mods.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well let me rephrase that, as I mis-wrote what I meant... the aftermarket parts are available but don't know whether they will void the warranty (shouldn't since they're from GM) but the factory installed parts wouldn't ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.