Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im trying to figure out when i should place an order for a new camaro. im not worried about getting it in a hurry, in fact i dont even mind waiting until 2010 to order one. if i were to place one later this year, or even the very begining of next year, would i definately get an order in? looking for opinions on both later this year and the begining of next.

·
Registered
731 Posts
seeing as how well the camaro is going i would wait till end of august so you have the summit white color available as well as some accessories and the hype will have died down enough that your order wont take as long

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seeing as how well the camaro is going i would wait till end of august so you have the summit white color available as well as some accessories and the hype will have died down enough that your order wont take as long
you think things will be dying off by then? as i said yea im not really worried about the wait at all, so i dont mind that. im just in the saving money stages right now. i did notice that the headsup display is a late production option, which is very enticing

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thats one of the things i would like in my camaro but i dont think i could wait that long,and if the hype lasts longer than august then i would be very surprised
i was thinking of placing an order late september, or even maybe somewhere near thanksgiving or christmas

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
you think things will be dying off by then? as i said yea im not really worried about the wait at all, so i dont mind that. im just in the saving money stages right now. i did notice that the headsup display is a late production option, which is very enticing
lol, i highly doubt it.. my buddy and i wanna test drive one this summer... but i doubt we'll even get a chance by late july..

·
Registered
279 Posts
hey Mike, I'm in the same boat right now, how do you plan on paying for it? Because I know that I wont be able to save up that much right now, with college and everything.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey Mike, I'm in the same boat right now, how do you plan on paying for it? Because I know that I wont be able to save up that much right now, with college and everything.
im in college also. i do however, in addition to school, work about 30 hours a week. my paychecks run about 450 normally, so saving up isnt too much of an issue. i have about 1100 saved up right now, and i have a cobalt ss to put down at trade in as well

·
Registered
731 Posts
im in college also. i do however, in addition to school, work about 30 hours a week. my paychecks run about 450 normally, so saving up isnt too much of an issue. i have about 1100 saved up right now, and i have a cobalt ss to put down at trade in as well
lol me to mike what kind of cobalt? ive got a 07 SS/NA

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah, after scholarship refunds checks, i wind up with about 8000 a semester, plus a 1000 dollar housing check (even though i live at home), work 20 hours a week for my internship making 200/week, and a monthly stipend of anout 450. I think I should be able to make this work. ROTC is a beast! (and loans!)

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah, i got a rotc scholarship which leaves me off pretty well, and i work 20 hr/ week at an internship. all together i make about 900 a month but I will have about 5000 saved up this summer to go along with the 7500 I will get towards the end of next semester for the down payment. I also have a 95 cammy that I will be selling (under protest though). So I hope to have a down payment ready by november, then have my baby by february. You think that will work?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i got a rotc scholarship which leaves me off pretty well, and i work 20 hr/ week at an internship. all together i make about 900 a month but I will have about 5000 saved up this summer to go along with the 7500 I will get towards the end of next semester for the down payment. I also have a 95 cammy that I will be selling (under protest though). So I hope to have a down payment ready by november, then have my baby by february. You think that will work?
the money part yes...i dont know about actually having the car by then, but i dont see why not. i probably wont place my order until the begining of 2010 anyways. at least by then ill definately have enough money saved and i might get lucky with some late production add ins

·
Registered
279 Posts
so you think that it would be better to get it early 2010, you dont think that they will up the cost by then?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so you think that it would be better to get it early 2010, you dont think that they will up the cost by then?
didnt think about that to be honest. but again, to be honest in another area, i dont see chevy in any position to be raising the prices on its vehicles anytime soon. ordering at that time is purely conjecture, as i dont know exactly what im going to do just yet

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
didnt think about that to be honest. but again, to be honest in another area, i dont see chevy in any position to be raising the prices on its vehicles anytime soon. ordering at that time is purely conjecture, as i dont know exactly what im going to do just yet
If the prices are adjusted at all they will be higher, not lower.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts