Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Some dealers are already making lists, some are even taking deposits.
I think it's silly to put money down this far ahead of time.

Wouldn't hurt to ask your local dealer, they may be making a list already.

Car won't be on lots until early 2009.

·
8,984 Posts
I asked my local dealer when I was looking at the new GMT's and he said and I quote "The new Camaro's will arrive in Fall of '08, and that's just 8 or 9 months away," I just turned away really quick so he couldn't see me laughing.....

I have asked several dealers and none are making lists in the Houston area, that I have found anyways....

·
8,984 Posts
Where?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dealers are full of crap too. They lie way to much. I remember when the 35th anny was coming out. The dealer told me they were yellow HAHA They are retards

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dealers are full of crap too. They lie way to much. I remember when the 35th anny was coming out. The dealer told me they were yellow HAHA They are retards
I wish you were my customer when I sold cars. I was batting a 1000 on EVERY single make model of GM, FORD, DODGE, TOYOTA, HONDA, HYUNDAI, LEXUS, NISSAN, PORSCHE, VOLVO, MERCEDES BENZ, BMW, VOLKSWAGEN, etc...I did not know, Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin, Bentley...but c'mon...lets get real here. You buy those cars you are NOT going to the typical dealer.

I had people come back to try and purposely try and stump me, but when you memorized the entire product portfolio it made it more fun. I mean I memorized frame thickness, rotor dimensions, springs rates etc....The cool thing was that OTHER dealerships would call my manager to get certain info answered quickly through me. :p

I think the most aggravating this of selling was UN-EDUCATING the misinformed. But that was years ago.

Anyway...enough of tooting my horn...

BTW...My general manager had numerous cars in Car Mags, Posters (in fact he owned the Olds Pace Car from the Poster. Cause it was HIS car they used.)

·
8,984 Posts
Did you know which cars came in BLACK?

Yes WE did!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hmm good Idea looks like I'll be stopping by my dealer and checking out if they are making a list. If so I'll be on it for at least a vert if not one of each (depending on how long its out before the vert arrives)

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Hold on guys...

I know another site has brought it up before 5thgen.org even started but it was thought up to make a list of good dealers and bad dealers so that fans of this car do not get screwed. Few members on the other site work at the dealer and said when we get them we will sell them as sticker to you guys..

some will "market adjustment" the car to hell and some will know that they need this car to fly off the shelves for it to win..

So hopefully I will be finding a good dealer in my area I can plunk a DP on..

and hopefully the first cars are not V6's but actualy SS..
though it has been reported the Z28 will be later on..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dealers will do what they can to make a little extra as the car is introduced. GM will make the same no matter what the dealer sells it for. Unlike the Corvette the Camaro production will be limited only by factory capacity.

Here in the Cincinnati Area there are 31 Chevy Dealers so many will sell an ordered car for Invoice, which is where I will buy...granted I won't be getting a Limited Edition Version but I'm OK with that.

Early Model Year Corvettes sell for MSRP or a little under around here. 2006 Corvettes are being advertised for $2000 under invoice.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
now question is it factory invoice or dealer invoice..
they will not sell a car for less than what they bought it for unless they are desperate..
Its a bait and switch on invoices to get you where you think your getting a deal..
The problem is like the GTO, Solstice and many Mustangs dealers shoot themselves in the foot and skyrocket the price of the car to unreachable levels.."Market Adjustment" they say..

all in the greed of the dealer..but there will be some that will order the car you want the way yo uwant it made and so on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is what's called "Net Net" which is truely what the Dealer pays for the vehicle after all the manufacturer to dealer incentives have been applied. No vehicle should ever be sold for this however it does happen and if your are in the right place at the right time take avantage.

"Invoice" is a price at which the Dealer makes money and depending on the vehicle it's usually about a 3% gross margin on the "Front End." For a car that is ordered and will not spend time in inventory it is a way to move a unit quickly at minimal cost to the dealer.

The dealer can also make money on the "Back End" selling things like Warranties and Gap Insurance. Dealerships that can sell me a car for the price I am willing to pay (Invoice) will also get my service business.

A word about Rebates...these are give to consumers and are generally assigned or turned over to the selling dealer. They are basically part of the cost of the vehicle that end up as discounts.

Market Adjustment is a BS term for the dealership wanting to make more for the car they have. If some one will pay it I see no problem with it, but truely MSRP is the most I would ever pay for any Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
agreed on the market adjustment BS..and agree with the MSRP

·
8,984 Posts
We'll see.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am on a list with my dealer. They won't start taking money until they have pricelists. I wonder how much they will mark up the Camaro.
No markup at the dealer I go through. NONE. Never. Not on the 50th Vette, Not on the Z06. Not on any car. Sticker yes (after all it is the SUGGESTED Retail Price) but never above. The GM is a HUGE car fanatic too. (he has a new Z06).

Good luck. When i worked at this dealer I sold cars to people that lived in Mass. FL, NJ, DE. And of course PA, MD and VA.

What state do you live in?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts