Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know it is going to happen. The question is, will it be one of the first month's (October, 2008) vehicles, or will they make some one-offs before then, some of them being pace cars.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I think 2008 is too early to see a Camaro Pace Car anywhere, simply because production doesn't start until October, and by then racing season is over.
Not even really enough time to use a pre-production car either, as I don't think any of those will be around until July or August.

But 2009 is another story.
I could easy see a 2009 Camaro as a Indy 500 Pace Car. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Given all the attention it has recieved as a concept I'm sure it will recieve pace car honors. Unless the uber vette makes it's debut the same year then it might get the same brickyard festival car treatment.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Given all the attention it has recieved as a concept I'm sure it will recieve pace car honors. Unless the uber vette makes it's debut the same year then it might get the same brickyard festival car treatment.
Simple way to solve that...have the vette and camaro have a demolition derby between the two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.