Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Production is so far away Oct of next year. I dont expect them to for a while. Just enough to keep the public interested.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Well, if they keep saying there's only going to be 1 V8 in their teasing, I'm going to be getting a little dis-interested.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think there will be one V8.
To be honest there is no need for 2.
Its starting to look like if the Camaro wont be able to run with cars like the Shelby bone stock. Light mods will probably do the trick.
I expect the LS3.
Its going to be in the new Vette.
I dont expect the LS7 There not going to keep it in the ZO6.
They know it cost to much to build.
The car only need 1 V8.
Leave the rest to the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
GM has a terrible problem with not releasing info. I hope they do better than the release of the G8.

My wife really wants to look at a G8 but GM has the slows on even getting the car to market. It will be almost mid model year before it arrives so GM should sell them as 09s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I've been told by the GM at my local dealer that the new LS3 430hp engine will be available in the Z28. Now I'm wondering about the SS. My last 01 SS had an extra 30 hp over the 01 Z28. thoughts??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Trust me the dealers don't know what's going to be under the hood. GM is doing a dam good job of keepin that under raps. Is your SS a 4th gen? I thought they were rated 10 more horse power then the Z28. The only differnce is a hood and gears.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Whatever is known about the camaro is on this site, anything else you here is hearsay!

seriously, lol....the dealers don't know sh1t.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Ok, I've been told by the GM at my local dealer that the new LS3 430hp engine will be available in the Z28. Now I'm wondering about the SS. My last 01 SS had an extra 30 hp over the 01 Z28. thoughts??
Oh boy...This discussion again. Please refer to thread: http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1780&page=6

AND the list pasted below:

In order of importance, here's who you should believe:

1. GM Announcements at Major Automotive Gatherings
2. GM Press Releases
3. Information posted on this site and other REPUTABLE F-body sites by "fbodfather"
4. Information posted on this site by OctaneZ28
5. Information available in major publications.
591. "That guy" at Best Buy.
10348. A stranger you meet on the street.
13666. camaroNation
999999. Chevy dealerships whose sole goal is to make as much money as possible.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
We don't even know what models are going to be , Z28 SS RS something else??? No dealer knows that, That info has not been released yet. Being they don't know what models they sure don't know what engines will be in the Z28 if there even is one. All they know is a Camaro is coming in january 2009 and thats about it.

Stick around here and I am sure you will be one first to know as soon as its public knoledge.;)

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Exactly.
Dealers have no official info from GM, just the same as all of us.

This is the place to be to find the lastest and greatest news though! :)

I'm thinking we'll learn alot come NAIAS 2008 (early January).
We'll see.

·
Registered
42 Posts
second on the dealers knowledge! I know more about my CTS than my dealer. Even before I had my CTS!

Anyway, that's why I joined this forum to be up-to-date with trustworthy info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts