Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys and girls have any idea when it will be easier to find camaros selling for at most window sticker price. I called my local dealerships since they have camaros but all of them are asking 5,000 over sticker price for "market conditions"....and since I don't have a money tree I will have to pass.

If anyone knows a dealer in the south florida area selling a LT with RS package at sticker price, and that will honor the college grad discount please let me know. Is this good for business to have vehicles parked in a lot hoping someone will be stupid enough to pay the mark-up. For example, kendall chevrolet has about 10 camaros both v6 and V8 just parked there with 5,000 and 10,000 mark up respectively.

Luisn17

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
No, you shouldn't have to pay over MSRP...send Eric a PM (user name here is "Classic Chevrolet") He's a salesman in TX, but they have a dealership in FL as well...maybe he can put you in touch with someone there.

I would think by the end of the year, the markup's should chill out...but high demand for the Camaro is a good thing otherwise. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can buy at MSRP. Now that MSRP will be different from state to state. Dude, make an offer at MSRP, then wait for the phone call. They will want to sell these awesome cars, so they can get more of them!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
We've been normal for a long time, and honoring the discounts. A few more months everyone will be selling for around invoice.

And I've got one of the shortest wait lists on the internet ;)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I bought mine for sticker...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome, I'm in south Florida as well. I ordered mine at sticker at the Green Acers dealership off Lake Worth Rd in Palm Beach County. They don't have any on the lot, and its quite a drive from Kendell but you won't have to pay those crazy prices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought mine off the floor is S. Fla. about 6 weeks ago. Wanted 10k over then and negotiated for 2k over. Should be able to buy at sticker or less now! There will be plenty of cars available soon and then you can really work the dealer for a good price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the replies. I will call dealerships in the broward and ft. Lauderdale area but if not I will wait until they stop marking up.

Thanks for the advice,

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Don't forget, you can order from anywhere at MSRP and have it drop shipped to your local "overpriced" dealership. It's one way to get what you want and hit the greedy local dealership over the head at the same time. We have a few dealer sponsors here on the forum that would be glad to work with you to get what you want....

:5go:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ripoff in Hawaii

Someone tell that to the dealers in Hawaii...

They're only selling them at 11,000 over MSRP as the "Market Adjustment"...serves them right that there has been a Yellow 2SS RS with the body kit and 21(?) inch wheels sitting on their lot for the last month now.

And GM wonders why they're in this mess? Blame the greedy dealers (not all dealers, just the dishonest greedy ones)...sorry...just frustrated...I've had 5 other Camaros in the past and was really looking forward to this one, but not willing to pay almost $50,000 for a Camaro.

Aloha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts