Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to do a little bit of winter maintence on the tracker and when I was in highschool I would go to Autozone. There is an Advance Auto RIGHT NEXT to Autozone but just always happened to go to the first one.

So I met my Dad's longtime friend who is teaching me everything I know and he swears by Advance Auto. So I now go to Advance and after a year or so of going, I now can say I like Advance better. It seems they are less pushy on selling stuff you don't need and it needs less "Boy racer" where as Autozone attracts more of a tuner scene.

Where do you go to buy car parts?

(Not Online)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Car-quest. The guys that work there are actually car-guys. Very often there's street-rods and muscle cars parked out front. No ricers here.

no auto-zone or advance close by anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
We have Advance Auto Parts right next door to where i work. For my 94 Lincoln Mark 8 i had to use rockauto.com to find my parts cause nobody else had them..

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
So I had to do a little bit of winter maintence on the tracker and when I was in highschool I would go to Autozone. There is an Advance Auto RIGHT NEXT to Autozone but just always happened to go to the first one.

So I met my Dad's longtime friend who is teaching me everything I know and he swears by Advance Auto. So I now go to Advance and after a year or so of going, I now can say I like Advance better. It seems they are less pushy on selling stuff you don't need and it needs less "Boy racer" where as Autozone attracts more of a tuner scene.

Where do you go to buy car parts?

(Not Online)
Other than the dealer parts department, I can't think of any brick and mortar that I would depend on for parts. I bought a locking gas cap for my 2001 Firebird Formula from Kragen (now ORLY auto parts). I bought replacement light bulbs for the turn signals and the console in my SLK 320 from Kragen as well. The NAPA in my area never had squat, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a Pep Boys.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a Napa and Pep Boys about 15 min away and it's nothing but ricers there at Pep Boys.

I've never been in a NAPA.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
We have a Napa and Pep Boys about 15 min away and it's nothing but ricers there at Pep Boys.

I've never been in a NAPA.
I swear by napa. It's like the parts shop at a dealership only cheaper to a degree.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
We tend to use autozone because there's one close by and they normally have what we're looking for.
We normally get our filters and oil from Walmart, though. :lol:

We never go to pep boys. We went there when the one nearby first opened up because one of my dad's coworkers got a job as a manager there. Been there like once or twice since then..always insanely overpriced.
My old S-10 had an Autozone battery in it. That thing just wouldn't die. I only had the truck for 3.5 years but I dunno how long the battery was in it before that. I ran it down more times than I can readily remember and got jumps from everyone (even a cop once). My dad told me every winter that I should replace the battery before winter because it won't start when it gets cold. It started every time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
It depends on what I need.
Places I can drive to
Napa
Autozone
Thunder Racing
Advanced
O'Reillys

Order by phone
SLP
Summit

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I once went on a roadtrip to white castle with some friends of mine (At the time) and coming back from Ohio we found a summit store.

I was in love, every other kid I was with had a tuner or beater and didn't know what a carb was. There were S/Cs there for big blocks bigger than their actual engines lol.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I once went on a roadtrip to white castle with some friends of mine (At the time) and coming back from Ohio we found a summit store.

I was in love, every other kid I was with had a tuner or beater and didn't know what a carb was. There were S/Cs there for big blocks bigger than their actual engines lol.
A guy I work with was talking about the Summit store recently. He said it was pretty amazing to see. He's muscle car guy, so it's certainly not all imports. Besides, those ricer things are dying off. Only white trash and Latinos are into them anymore.

I also wanted to mention that I usually go to the dealer for our new cars. Mostly because they are still under warranty and the dealer does all the work ;)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
A guy I work with was talking about the Summit store recently. He said it was pretty amazing to see. He's muscle car guy, so it's certainly not all imports. Besides, those ricer things are dying off. Only white trash and Latinos are into them anymore.

I also wanted to mention that I usually go to the dealer for our new cars. Mostly because they are still under warranty and the dealer does all the work ;)
That was pretty much who was into them in the first place.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, and Checkers.
My dad owns a shop as well, we go too all of them. When one doesn't have a specific part, we will go to the other store. I like Advance Auto Parts out of the three though.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Peps boys :what motor sir ?
Muck: 350
is that the V8 ?
Muck: peace

I called for insurance quotes
Muck: how much for 2010 Camaro SS yearly
State Farm suckerfart: is that a chevy
Muck: peace

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
It started out as high school/college kids and Asians. At least where I am originally from.
Quite a while back I saw a middle-aged Latino driving a Geo hatchback with a GIANT wing on top of it that hung over both sides of the car by almost a foot. It was that really pale green that Geos came in..and other than some horrendous gold tint..that was the only visible change from stock.
The even funnier bit? He was going about 10 below the speedlimit.

Random but funny story.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts